Thinking about switching to Express opinions?

ExizFed

Currently working for Ground didn't realize the difference with Ground and Express(working wise) so my question is does FedEx Express have better career opportunities then Ground like pay, benefits, working conditions, management, retirement? I have a upcoming interview for FT courier position would like to know if it's worth going to Express if offered the job?

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Currently working for Ground didn't realize the difference with Ground and Express(working wise) so my question is does FedEx Express have better career opportunities then Ground like pay, benefits, working conditions, management, retirement? I have a upcoming interview for FT courier position would like to know if it's worth going to Express if offered the job?
Express is just a step better compensation than Ground, but the real money and benefits lie in UPS, USPS, or DHL.

ExizFed

Would like to go to UPS but don't wanna start out part time waiting for a driving job with others ahead of me. I'll have to look into DHL.

FedUpRTD

Would like to go to UPS but don't wanna start out part time waiting for a driving job with others ahead of me. I'll have to look into DHL.
You might not have to start off part time. UPS hired away 6 FT RTD’s from us and they all went straight into FT feeder positions.

NC man

Most of the heavy crap went to Ground, only had few boxes on floor today, most everything goes on the shelves on my route. At my age it’s great! No topped out raise sucks though.

Serf

Ground is a wasteland unless you own multiple routes. Come over to express and get a little better. Are you in a large metro market?

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I was hired off the street, FT driver during peak 2016. A few weeks lay off in January to be rehired permanently, only PT air driver for 2 months, then FT RPCD. Best move I made, don't miss Express.