Thinking back to the days i couldnt visualize everything around me feels weird

margaritaville

After 3 years air driving and 3 years covering i feel like i can envision entire cities/neighborhoods and the inside of every business when i look in any direction. Regular people can just visual the major roads and what not but i can visualize everything miles in every direction.

Not saying this in a cocky way, just saying thinking back to when i couldn't feels weird. I really like that aspect of the job. It made me really into google maps. Like i will sit on google maps and scroll though different major cities to get a real sense of them. Other aspects of the job blow. Like constantly being stressed/exhausted/no free time but i really like that aspect of it. It makes me happy i get paid to explore.

#sorryforpositivepost

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
After 3 years air driving and 3 years covering i feel like i can envision entire cities/neighborhoods and the inside of every business when i look in any direction. Regular people can just visual the major roads and what not but i can visualize everything miles in every direction.

Not saying this in a cocky way, just saying thinking back to when i couldn't feels weird. I really like that aspect of the job. It made me really into google maps. Like i will sit on google maps and scroll though different major cities to get a real sense of them. Other aspects of the job blow. Like constantly being stressed/exhausted/no free time but i really like that aspect of it. It makes me happy i get paid to explore.

#sorryforpositivepost

All I want to envision is my route, and not too much longer.....
I have tried to forget everything about all other routes.

JL 0513

It is a nice feeling to have in depth maps in inprinted in your brain. In the past year, I've learned over 17 routes and many split areas and walking onto 10's of thousands of properties.

We certainly gain a unique knowledge. It's a lot more than just knowing all the streets. It's a detailed knowledge of so many properties right to the doorstep or even backyards.

If you're ever interested in buying new real estate, you'll know where to look.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

#sorryforpositivepost
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436663730.663090.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

#sorryforpositivepost
What is there to be stressed about?

The Driver

I drive.
There's a hundred-thousand streets in this city. You don't need to know the route. You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own. Do you understand?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

#sorryforpositivepost
I completely agree with you. I take every blind route as a challenge, like an explorer. Before becoming a driver, I was completely clueless about this city (not originally from here). Now I'm way more knowledgable than my wife, who is a lifelong native.

The Driver

I drive.

#sorryforpositivepost

I was just thinking about this the other day. There is something strangely gratifying that comes with the knowledge that I could be go and be somewhere 20 miles away, anywhere within that 15 mile radius and be able to pinpoint where I am and how to get home. There's also this feeling I get that everywhere, all around, in the places that used to be a mystery, is life taking place. And that there's a shroud just outside of that area that I just don't know yet. I'm not stoned.

#sorryforpositivepost
I like all four seasons of this job. Everyone has very beautiful milestones that are truly beautiful. Leaves changing the white stuff. When the corn feilds are high or just plowed. A hot day where your head is pounding. All these thing and I can support a game my doing it. My wife's sick and she has medical that I get from being a ups teamster that will make her better. Glory to God for the opportunity.

The Driver

I drive.
Knowing a large area so intimately also makes me truly realize how small the world really is. It's amazes me in so many ways. We aren't alone, we aren't isolated, we aren't much different than the next person. People are just trying to manage, to survive. Most people are good, albeit looking out only for themselves, living their lives behind the walls that serve to pit them against others that are just like themselves. We're all going about our daily lives, and the areas that we aren't in are still vibrantly existential. Driving everyday, some weeks on a different route every day, has made me understand the depth of human existence in a different way.

trickpony1

And that there's a shroud just outside of that area that I just don't know yet. I'm not stoned.

You may be operating in what is sometimes known as "the bubble of goodness".

To date, the BOG is known to exist in only one place in the world.

DO NOT burst, transcend, penetrate, subjugate or violate your shroud or bubble. There will be consequences if you do.