Thinking of Applying

seatownjayjay

I am thinking of applying for a part time/seasonal package handler position in the Seattle area. I have a full time job, but thought it would be good for a little extra money and whip me into shape. How good is UPS at working around other schedules? I travel for work (airline), but I know my schedule in advance for the entire following month (I know by the 15th of the month what my schedule for the entire following month is). or is UPS consistent with days, like will I always work the same days each week so I can work around it with my other job? Thanks for any information!

My hub is flexible with start times for PT. It will always be Monday- Friday. If it's twilight they're fine with coming in as late as 5 PM as long as they know ahead of time. You leave when you leave though, no working around that

UnionGuy

It is usually consistent, but for peak expect to work 6 days. Also, they don't work around your work schedule. I have a co worker who keeps getting written up for missing or coming late from his other job. He is close to termination for Occasions, for tardies I think he's at a warning. The most you can ask for is to start staggered, but you'll need seniority.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Don’t bother. Like our peak season start times are midnight for preload and local sort starts around 6 and doesn’t get out till 11/12 sometimes the preload has to wait because even local wasn’t done yet