Thinking of leaving UPS ?????

UpsguyDGAF

:whiteflag: Ive been a cover driver for 4 years now and employed for 8, and I must admit Im getting sick of this :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. I make $ 22 an hour and reached "Top Rate" a while ago and the Company seems to not want to promote me to full time driver. I do all the same stuff as full time and feel like UPses BITCH doing misloads every night and helping out when Im done. I think the company doesent like my Tattooes or something? Anyone else out there in the same boat as me? Should I just leave? Thanks

Oh ya and I didnt make Full Time probation because of a 1 misdelivery the company states :censored2::censored2::censored2:....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you watch the news or even just read a newspaper? Judging from your post I would bet that you don't so I will give you a clue:

WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A RECESSION THAT IS ONLY GROWING WORSE EACH DAY!

You are making $22/hour with a strong benefit and retirement package and you want to quit because you feel like Ned Beatty in Deliverance? You have got to be kidding me!!!

Go ahead, try to get a job somewhere else. I bet the auto industry is hiring. No? OK, how about the banking/mortgage industry? Nothing there either. Well, I guess that leaves the 2 companies actually making money these days--WalMart and McDonald's, so repeat after me:

Hi, welcome to WalMart.

or

Can I Supersize that for you?

Do yourself a favor--stay where you are as you won't find anything even close anywhere else.

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, I hate whine asses.

over9five

Staff member
Do you watch the news or even just read a newspaper? Judging from your post I would bet that you don't so I will give you a clue:

You are making $22/hour with a strong benefit and retirement package and you want to quit because you feel like Ned Beatty in Deliverance? You have got to be kidding me!!!

Go ahead, try to get a job somewhere else. I bet the auto industry is hiring. No? OK, how about the banking/mortgage industry? Nothing there either. Well, I guess that leaves the 2 companies actually making money these days--WalMart and McDonald's, so repeat after me:

Hi, welcome to WalMart.

or

Do yourself a favor--stay where you are as you won't find anything even close anywhere else.

Yeah, what he said!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Honestly, if you are not happy here then leave.

or better yet get fired....that way you can collect unemployment .

Hi, welcome to WalMart.

or

The previous message has been brought to you by Pfizer,makers of Whinatol. Whinatol,the little white pill that helps you deal with someone being a wimp

satellitedriver

Hi, welcome to WalMart.

or

Double Dittos on that.

tunemixer

Do yourself a favor. Since you are a parttimer you have time to look around. See whats out there. I think you will find less and less opportunities as time goes on. You are young. You have time on your side. Stay and bide your time. Your chance will come. I wish I had started at UPS in my 20's. I was 35 when I started in 1983. I have worked in just about evrything from retail to wholesale to shipping and receiving. I have seen the other side. This job ain't so bad when you compare what we get and what they get. Sure they ask alot. If we were making 10.-12. or even 14. an hour it might be unreasonable to work under these conditions. But 28 plus an hr? Plus benefits that are worth a bunch ?
Years ago it wasn't unheard of to have temp drivers or parttimers have to wait 2/3/ or 4 years to get a fulltime job.
UPS can't hold you back for body art. The next time you get your chance make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's until you get past your 30 days. And lastly. Do what a few other above me have said. Read the paper. Watch the news. Its tough times out there my friend.

bad company

semi-pro
You gotta be kidding...

For starters, I'm a full-time driver in progression. I've been doing the same thing you do for about 1.5 years now, and I'm only making 17 an hour. And when I hit the 2 year mark, you'll still be making more than I do....

We all know how seniority works, and you should have known what you were getting yourself into before you became a cover driver. You're not the first to go through this and certainly won't be the last. It sucks, but that's how the cookie crumbles. And keep in mind, while you may consider it a terrible position to be in, there are many who would be more than happy to take your place with a smile and be content.

And as mentioned above in several replies...considering how the economy is, we should all consider ourselves lucky. Don't be so negative and try to look at the positives.

helenofcalifornia

It's all about seniority. When your name comes up, you will be asked. Plain and simple. And all the above comments in response to your statements are true.

BigBrownSanta

:whiteflag: Ive been a cover driver for 4 years now and employed for 8, and I must admit Im getting sick of this :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. I make $ 22 an hour and reached "Top Rate" a while ago and the Company seems to not want to promote me to full time driver. I do all the same stuff as full time and feel like UPses BITCH doing misloads every night and helping out when Im done. I think the company doesent like my Tattooes or something? Anyone else out there in the same boat as me? Should I just leave? Thanks

Oh ya and I didnt make Full Time probation because of a 1 misdelivery the company states :censored2::censored2::censored2:....

Don't worry, once peak is over, UPS will help you make that decision. It's called layoff. Take what you can get now and prepare yourself.

Don't worry, once peak is over, UPS will help you make that decision. It's called layoff. Take what you can get now and prepare yourself.

True...19 years at UPS and I never had a threat of a layoff until now. This maybe my last peak at UPS unless I can find other employment before peak.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yeah, what he said!

Double Dittos on that.

Do yourself a favor......Read the paper. Watch the news. Its tough times out there my friend.

You gotta be kidding...

look at the positives.

It's all about seniority. When your name comes up, you will be asked. Plain and simple. And all the above comments in response to your statements are true.

I second those emotions......Remember to dry off the shopping cart and stand my fries up in the bag.

LiL"Comet"

HHUUMMM wow I just can't believe all the sarcasm off this thread!!! Come on guys take it easy on him. Where's the Love.....

OK kidding!! LOL Not sure of anyone I know including myself that got the position they hold given to them. With out working chitty hours(for a good while), dealing with all kinds of BS, sups that don't know the butt from a whole in the ground telling you what to do, etc. etc. etc........

You still have a job when people all around us are finding out they no longer have one after many yrs at the place of now unemployed from and they only thing they know. Now there faced with what the SAM Heck there going to do or even face their kids when they get home. Bend over kiss your tall that you have a job with BS you have to deal with..

Oh!!! If you decide you do want to get out better go now while just maybe you may have a snowball chance in Hell to find a job before it gets worse Cuz, it's heading that way..... :peaceful:

McLeod

The area newspaper in only had 19 help wanted adds in it the daily edition this past week!! About 30% of the jobs were OTR driving jobs. Nobody is hiring and many who felt their jobs were safe are getting reduced hours or notice of layoff. Not a good time to venture into a new job!!

The area newspaper in only had 19 help wanted adds in it the daily edition this past week!! About 30% of the jobs were OTR driving jobs. Nobody is hiring and many who felt their jobs were safe are getting reduced hours or notice of layoff. Not a good time to venture into a new job!!

So you should wait until you get laid off before you look for other work?