thinking of switching teams

ScubaEx

I currently work for FedEx express for over 8yrs and seem to be getting screwed out of hours every year. I'm a FT swing driver for the past 5 years and lately have been scheduled for split shifts 3.5 in the morning then come back for a night pickup route for another 4 hrs. Anyways. Any advise on joining UPS and the chance of being hired FT right away? And how does the pay match up. I currently make 20.67 after 8yrs.

DS

Fenderbender
They will love the fact that you had 8 years in at fedex,but at ups you start at the bottom,and will have to wait 2 1/2 years to get to top rate.Try to get in before the strike and put your letter in.:wink2:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They will love the fact that you had 8 years in at fedex,but at ups you start at the bottom,and will have to wait 2 1/2 years to get to top rate.Try to get in before the strike and put your letter in.:wink2:

LOL, you covered a lot of ground in 2 sentences.

Voyeur???
As a steward I've got heterosexuals gay lesbians whites blacks and Asian. I will go to battle for them all. Damm I have. There are guys and a girl who hate me and I still go balls out and put on a good show. Why not ?? These peoe look up to me I've got to be the hero and the evil villain. God will help me survive endure and make it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

3 years in the good old USA to full scale. That's prob after 5-10 year wait to go full time.

barnyard

KTM rider
At my center, all of our off the street hires came from competitors. I would imagine that there will be quite a few drivers retiring before the next contract is announced. We have 3 in our fairly small center. One of those replacements will be an off the street hire.

packageguy

As a steward I've got heterosexuals gay lesbians whites blacks and Asian. I will go to battle for them all. Damm I have. There are guys and a girl who hate me and I still go balls out and put on a good show. Why not ?? These peoe look up to me I've got to be the hero and the evil villain. God will help me survive endure and make it.

I know what you go through, I'm in the same boat, as a stewart we do the right thing and guys that always have something to say. I still fight the fight. I love the challenge.

BrownBlue

New Jack
Back to the original question. If you are wondering if UPS pays more the FredWrecks, then yes, flat out yes. UPS drivers vs. Fedex drivers total compensation is not even comparable. Try to get that job opening if you want to improve your standard of living.