this analogy will “make sense” to everyone

bbsam

Staff member
What am I wrong about? Told you what I know. And if Starr could charge Clinton with 11 counts then why couldn't Mueller if there's something there?
You said that Clinton was not charged with obstruction. He was, but not by Starr. By the House which is how impeachment works.

Fuzzy Brown

Imagine you are innocent of murder but guilty of a completely separate kidnapping.

Does the innocence of murder negate any obstruction that may take place in trying to hide the kidnapping?

Of course not.

That’s why the “underlying crime” makes no sense especially when dealing with a special prosecutor and a wide ranging mandate.
It does if there was no kidnapping.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually you aren't, you listed two distinct crimes and neither are "obstruction."
Exactly what were the crimes, investigated that Trump is accused of (by your types) of obstructing the investigation.
I listed 0. Mueller listed 11.

oldngray

nowhere special
No evidence means no charges can be filed, case closed.
Mueller is a prosecutor and wasn't looking for or ignored any evidence that would help the defense. His entire focus was on building a case for prosecution. When his efforts came up empty it was very unethical for him to make extra innuendos when he had already determined he had no case. He had a binary decision - charge or not charge. It wasn't not charge ... but.