This Bud's for YOU !!!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This Buds for you uncle Leo,who at 19 years old had the balls to rush ashore at Normandy on the 6 th of June 1944 ! And give us the freedom witch we all enjoy today !! This man lived till 82 years old and never once did I hear him complain about a dam thing !! He told me that after surviving this, he promised to him self that he would never complain as long as he lived !!!

Covemastah

as the years go by,it get less and less attention in the papers ,very sad !! these WW II vets are dwindling down every day, ,,,,,,

moreluck

golden ticket member
I only live in the USA, so there are ONLY American flags at my house !!!!!!!!!! Everybody else can fly their own flags!!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
This Buds for you uncle Leo,who at 19 years old had the balls to rush ashore at Normandy on the 6 th of June 1944 ! And give us the freedom witch we all enjoy today !! This man lived till 82 years old and never once did I hear him complain about a dam thing !! He told me that after surviving this, he promised to him self that he would never complain as long as he lived !!!

Cove, thank you for being the man Uncle Leo believed you would grow up to be.

We will ALWAYs remember.
I can't watch this without tears flooding my eyes.

They taught me what it feels like to be an American.
A proud American.
[video=youtube;ZgDZdFQY3iM]

texan

My father was in the Army Air Corp in the Aleutians, my uncle as a Marine, was at Iwo Jima.

Those in D-day, paved the way for the defeat of Hitler and Germany.

May they all rest in Peace.

America, Britian, Canada and many other countries payed a heavy price to free the world of evil.

klein

Für Meno :)
D-Day and the Battle of Normandy

History

On June 6 1944, known as D-Day, Allied troops stormed German defences on the beaches of Normandy (France) to open the way to Germany from the West. The task was formidable. The Germans had turned the coastline into a continuous fortress of guns, pillboxes, razor wire, mines and beach obstacles. Canadians were among the first into action and against terrible odds fought their way into Normandy from the Juno Beach landing area. The fighting continued throughout the summer of 1944. The living conditions were terrible and the enemy was ruthless. Even so, the troops pushed forward through northern France and then into Belgium and Holland, liberating people who had suffered four hard years of Nazi occupation.
Success on D-Day and in the battles that followed came at a price: there are more than 5,400 Canadian graves in Normandy. But their sacrifice was not in vain. The victories won there paved the way to victory on May 8, 1945.

Photo: Reinforcements being rushed ashore from HMCS Prince Henry.

Canada has named it's music rewards the "Juno Rewards"
Also has a museum in Juno, France.
Unfortunatly also a large memorial & grave site, too.
Juno Beach Memorial and Museum.

Last edited:

texan

D-Day and the Battle of Normandy

History

On June 6 1944, known as D-Day, Allied troops stormed German defences on the beaches of Normandy (France) to open the way to Germany from the West. The task was formidable. The Germans had turned the coastline into a continuous fortress of guns, pillboxes, razor wire, mines and beach obstacles. Canadians were among the first into action and against terrible odds fought their way into Normandy from the Juno Beach landing area. The fighting continued throughout the summer of 1944. The living conditions were terrible and the enemy was ruthless. Even so, the troops pushed forward through northern France and then into Belgium and Holland, liberating people who had suffered four hard years of Nazi occupation.
Success on D-Day and in the battles that followed came at a price: there are more than 5,400 Canadian graves in Normandy. But their sacrifice was not in vain. The victories won there paved the way to victory on May 8, 1945.

Photo: Reinforcements being rushed ashore from HMCS Prince Henry.
Canada was very much involved and gave up lives, assets, and assisted to set the world free of that evil.

They were very important allies in that period and other conflicts in US history.

Covemastah

Cove, thank you for being the man Uncle Leo believed you would grow up to be.

We will ALWAYs remember.
I can't watch this without tears flooding my eyes.

They taught me what it feels like to be an American.
A proud American.
[video=youtube;ZgDZdFQY3iM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDZdFQY3iM[/video]

Nothing to add,but just WOW !!!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Pop was Airborne although in the Pacific . He always said he volunteered for the extra $50.00 a month to send home to mom. I called him up immeditaley the first time I watched Band of Brothers when one of the real paratroopers was interviewed and said he raised his hand after he found out about the extra $50.00 LOL. God Bless thise men !!!

A

anonymous6

my dad was in the SeeBees during the war and was stationed at Pearl Harbor after the attack. To this day he does not talk about it.

the older I get the harder it is to watch movies like 'Saving Private Ryan." It makes me wonder if I could of done what these men did.

Covemastah

OLD THREAD I know !!!
But once again want to pay tribute to uncle Leo who jumped out of that Higgins boat into hell on this day June 6 th 1944!! wish you were still with us Leo ,but because of you we can all reflect and celebrate today what you and thousands of great men did on this day to rid the earth of that vile stench that blew across Europe !

oldngray

nowhere special
My dad was too young for WW2 (he was in Korea and Vietnam though). I had a lot of great uncles and 2nd cousins who fought in WW2 but none were at Normandy. As far as I know they were mostly in Italy and Pacific. In Germany after the invasion. The soldiers on that beach deserve any beer they want. I would offer a better beer than a Bud but they wouldn't want one of our new fancy beers. Those oldtimers drank just the basic old brands so that was what they always had a taste for.