This game show host has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by zubenelgenubi, Mar 6, 2019.

1. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

2. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Pancreatic's a bad one, they almost never catch it before it's too late.

4. zubenelgenubi

It got Patrick Swayze.

5. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

It's got two of my friends and a third one is on the way out.

6. zubenelgenubi

My condolences. I knew someone who died from it. His last days were pretty painful.

7. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

8. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I first remember 'pancreatic cancer' when it killed Michael Landon.

Stage 4 of that type seems to be a death sentence....he seems to have a good attitude (only he knows what's going on inside)

9. zubenelgenubi

I assume you were referring to the "gently condescending" remark? It wasn't an insult. I like the way he tells players the correct questions to extremely difficult or obscure answers as if they should have known better, but does it with compassion that only slightly borders on patronizing. It's endearing. He's like a beloved teacher.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Pancreatic cancer is supposed to be one of the most painful ways to die. And almost untreatable.

11. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Sorry, mistook what you were saying.

12. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Pancreatic cancer and brain cancer are among the most virulent cancers known with little time left to live once they are discovered. Someone like Alex Trebek will raise public awareness and might get the ball moving on research but when you're already at stage 4 ......well, I don't think that there's much hope for the poor guy.

13. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

That's how my father went, I can confirm that it's a pretty lousy way to go.

14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I'm putting my money on the cancer .

15. Oh great another Jussie Smollett type liberal making stuff up to get a better contract on their show.

16. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Brain cancer got my mother. In keeping with the usual life span after diagnosis for her 7 months and the last 4 weren't worth living.

17. moreluck

Cancer is big business...….I don't see the medical community ALLOWING a cure. Even now a new cancer center (multi-floors) is under construction across from Mission Hosp.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

Multi billion/trillion (?) dollar industry for the drug and medical business. No way would they ever cure it no matter how many billions people donate to fight it. They have had a few successes with certain kinds of cancer (you HAVE to give people hope to keep the donation coming in) but all in all I don't think they are anymore on top of it now than they were 25 years ago.

19. moreluck

Lynparza (cancer pill) $20,000 a month supply!!!! If cancer is cured, who's gonna need them??

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. rod

rod retired and happy

My sister-in-law is fighting internal (very rare) melanoma. The outlook isn't good. They have her on experimental meds that have never been given to humans before.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List