This has probaly been beat to death but?

Mr.Brown

It's about senority, I have been doing Saturday air for 5 years, I was told today, that I was going to be bumped by a person that just moved in from another center that has been there for 8 years, can this happen? I was under the impression if you move centers you lose your building senority, just keep your vacation & pay right? (It's all the same local if that helps) plead comment below!!

bigblu 2 you

only if your not following work that has been moved from one center to another or that center has been closed,shut down and employees moved.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
it all depends on your area supplement.
since your the same local then yes its most likely true that you can be bumped.

jalnar

In Central States if you take the 5 day layoff you can bump into any center within your local only,and displace the junior most driver.In bundles if you transfer your seniorty dove tails,but you have to wait 1 year to bid even if you have the time to get the bid

whiskey

On occasion, some work is moved to another Teamster local. At that point, you can follow the work and change locals, but lose all your seniority. But making moves from building to building within the same local, has no affect on your seniority. So, yes, you were bumped fair and square.

chopstic

On occasion, some work is moved to another Teamster local. At that point, you can follow the work and change locals, but lose all your seniority. But making moves from building to building within the same local, has no affect on your seniority. So, yes, you were bumped fair and square.

That not true in our local up here in the NW. We have 4 buildings within our local and anyone who transfers within our local loses their building seniority. Unless of course if they are following work that has been transfered to another center. But for any other case their seniority is entailed.

chopstic

It's about senority, I have been doing Saturday air for 5 years, I was told today, that I was going to be bumped by a person that just moved in from another center that has been there for 8 years, can this happen? I was under the impression if you move centers you lose your building senority, just keep your vacation & pay right? (It's all the same local if that helps) plead comment below!!

At our center, the saturday air delivery is for part-timers as an EXTRA shift to their normal package handling shift. So the question really is... was he following his p/t package handling work?