This Is A Very Good Sign IMO!

wkmac

Sen. Bob Bennett sent to the showers!

Instead of just a party switch in Washington DC, is this a sign of an anti-incumbent mood amongst the American masses that lay underneath the surface?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's gonna be interesting. He might have been better off doing what Crist did and going independent.

diesel96

It's gonna be interesting. He might have been better off doing what Crist did and going independent.

quote from the article
"Bennett told The Associated Press he wouldn't rule out a write-in candidacy. State law prohibits him from running as an independent"

Bennet also mention this ""Looking back on them, with one or two very minor exceptions, I wouldn't have cast any of them any differently, even if I had known at the time they were going to cost me my career

When are "we the people" and our elected politicians going to figure out that holding office should not be a career, rather a tour of duty, then go away and return to the private sector....

brett636

As Diesel correctly pointed out Utah state law doesn't allow him to do that. On a side note I believe Crist could still lose. He is either going to split the republican vote and get the democrat elected or Rubio is going to run away with it. Either way a Senator Crist is highly unlikely.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As Diesel correctly pointed out Utah state law doesn't allow him to do that. On a side note I believe Crist could still lose. He is either going to split the republican vote and get the democrat elected or Rubio is going to run away with it. Either way a Senator Crist is highly unlikely.
Florida doesn't allow it either. What I meant was that he should have bailed before the primary, which is what Crist did. Had Crist lost the primary he would have been in the same boat as Bennett. And yes he could still lose the election, but at least he has a shot. He was toast in the primary.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think Utah does it totally different than other states. They have elimination rounds like Survivor. Bennett was eliminated in the 2nd round.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Bennett got his start in politics by managing his father's U.S. Senate reelection campaign in 1962. Wallace friend. Bennett was a U.S. Senator from 1951 to 1974.
In 1992, Bennett followed in his father's footsteps and ran a successful campaign for the U.S. Senate.
Born in 1933, making him 76.
So its out with the old .