This is Cute!

clean hairy

Just who is going to wait around?
20201211_135543.jpg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
During my short stint as a package driver, I delivered a package to a guy that was apparently a high priced stereo. He made me wait there while he cut the thing open to check the contents. I still wonder to this day if he could feel the daggers I was staring at him.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
During my short stint as a package driver, I delivered a package to a guy that was apparently a high priced stereo. He made me wait there while he cut the thing open to check the contents. I still wonder to this day if he could feel the daggers I was staring at him.

Rookie, nobody opens anything until they sign for it

Saca La

What is it?
So will I get in trouble with management if I tell the customer “once you open the package. It is yours. Unless you want to refuse the packages as is. Then I’ll take it back.”?

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
So will I get in trouble with management if I tell the customer “once you open the package. It is yours. Unless you want to refuse the packages as is. Then I’ll take it back.”?
Just say"Its OK I can just send it back to the shipper". Then start walking towards the door. They will make a decision very quick. Make it seem like you want to send it back.

ManInBrown

They sign first or it’s refused. Watch how fast they sign when you say C ya.

quad decade guy

In the old days, if you let the customer open before signing...mgt would try to make you pay for any problems this created. Because you weren't following instructions. Did it stick? Yes it did. Noting this policy(sign first) created much anger among customers...but then UPS always let the driver take the heat. Call tags, CODS, hazmat on and on. Damages(from pickups)...especially refusing call tag pick ups for inadequate packaging. Getting burned(driver) once for any of this made you a believer. And an enemy for life of some customers. Many times this resulted in a code 14 phone call(usually to the 1-800#). And no matter what actually went down or how, the driver took the blame. All because the driver was enforcing UPS policy. This was just one of many unfair practices of mgt.

quad decade guy

They aren't signing that the package is in one piece, they are signing that they received the package.
Correct. However, as the customer, they know about difficulties in returns and the ping pong of shipper and UPS damage responsibilities. All while dumping on the driver. Customers could care less about the why.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Once they start that I tell them, "once you open that, I cannot take it back without a call tag".