This is Cute!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It could get really ugly when they would whip out a box cutter/knife and just start opening. Really ugly. Especially when you make another two wheeler trip out of sight.
I always found that type of customer is the same that thinks you can modify your route at will in order to accommodate their schedule.

They never tip either. True be told, they throw some bills at me or tip big at xmas and I probably make a few stops then come back.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
0_Screen-Shot-2021-01-24-at-041113.png

Correct. However, as the customer, they know about difficulties in returns and the ping pong of shipper and UPS damage responsibilities. All while dumping on the driver. Customers could care less about the why.
The shipper is the customer.....Not the consignee. Shipper get paid for claims

quad decade guy

The shipper is the customer.....Not the consignee. Shipper get paid for claims
It's this type of thinking that has cost UPS big in customer loyalty. See, you like mgt., are ready to screw over whoever it takes to get to the next stop. You missed a lot in what I said. Not surprising. See, the consignee and shipper are customers...one way or the other. Anyone that ever delivered, has watched the triangle of blame between UPS, the consignee and shipper. Then smear the driver if possible. Who, actually touched the pkg. for the 30 seconds at delivery.

It's this type of thinking that has cost UPS big in customer loyalty. See, you like mgt., are ready to screw over whoever it takes to get to the next stop. You missed a lot in what I said. Not surprising. See, the consignee and shipper are customers...one way or the other. Anyone that ever delivered, has watched the triangle of blame between UPS, the consignee and shipper. Then smear the driver if possible. Who, actually touched the pkg. for the 30 seconds at delivery.
Stop being the victim

PT Car Washer

Many times letting a receiver inspect an obvious damaged package and giving them the option to refuse delivery has made me a friend of the customer and made my job much easier. A lot of times the preload just loads packages that should have been rewrapped or inspected for damages. Too many times.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It could get really ugly when they would whip out a box cutter/knife and just start opening. Really ugly. Especially when you make another two wheeler trip out of sight.
Why would it get ugly? They arent accepting packages you have somewhere else that they didnt open yet.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Many times letting a receiver inspect an obvious damaged package and giving them the option to refuse delivery has made me a friend of the customer and made my job much easier. A lot of times the preload just loads packages that should have been rewrapped or inspected for damages. Too many times.
I will do this if it’s a business and I am familiar with the customer but I let them know that I am doing them a favor and they can’t spend all day inspecting stuff. If they start to open it without my suggestion it is theirs to keep.

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

In the old days, if you let the customer open before signing...mgt would try to make you pay for any problems this created. Because you weren't following instructions. Did it stick? Yes it did. Noting this policy(sign first) created much anger among customers...but then UPS always let the driver take the heat. Call tags, CODS, hazmat on and on. Damages(from pickups)...especially refusing call tag pick ups for inadequate packaging. Getting burned(driver) once for any of this made you a believer. And an enemy for life of some customers. Many times this resulted in a code 14 phone call(usually to the 1-800#). And no matter what actually went down or how, the driver took the blame. All because the driver was enforcing UPS policy. This was just one of many unfair practices of mgt.

You. Always. Learn. Something. New. On. This. Website.

Nice.

PT Car Washer

I will do this if it’s a business and I am familiar with the customer but I let them know that I am doing them a favor and they can’t spend all day inspecting stuff. If they start to open it without my suggestion it is theirs to keep.
I agree which is why I said an obvious damaged package.

clean hairy

Take it and let be delivered right back to the address.
Or, if you were referring to the ORMD sticker, let the folks in the hub deal with it.