This peak feels so different.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by no_map_needed, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

I find it amusing that you have no life what so ever and posted your lame ass comment on the news channel website about the seasonal helper throwing a package
    You my not friend are a loooooooosser

2. 4evapreloader

4evapreloader Member

Looks like we lost Everlast too.

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We had a returns center about 30 miles away. That sucked

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

When did we lose Omaha Steaks?? I was still delivering them in October. There is a guy on my route that gets 2 coolers every month.

5. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

I delivered two yesterday

6. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush All Encompassing Member

This is the worst peak since my rookie year. 13 hours everyday. And forced Saturday’s for all drivers. Smh

7. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

We didn’t.

8. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

They're probably just falling out of favor.

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Easiest Peak in several years with some drivers coming in at 4:00 PM and no one out past 8:00 PM this Friday. We work longer hours the rest of the year.

10. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

Minneapolis is so backed up right now, that might have something to do with the easier peak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Brownslave688

I do wonder what back ups in certain places might have to do with others having a decent peak.

12. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Can I work Sunday? Does my retro check count?

13. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I heard the same thing from one of our Feeder drivers Thursday when I was walking out and he was walking in. He said they were driving U Hauls up from St Louis to help out. Driver sup told me Friday he was headed up there to help. Sounds like a real mess and more because of mismanagement then weather. FNN said Atlanta was looking into the problem.

14. barnyard

I pull loads to STPMN and pull loads out of MINMN. I ran into a supe from Oak Creek, Wi last week in STPMN and one of our ORS is there as well. Both hubs are swamped. A friend in Burnsville, Mn has had a package listed as 'out for delivery' for 2 weeks now. The weather here has not been horrible.

My route is cut in half, both cars are going out with over 200 stops.

I need to send gifts to Wisconsin and feel guilty about adding more volume to an already stressed system. Probably going to wait till late January.

15. barnyard

I have wondered the same. The past couple of years have not been horrible in my center. This year, we are seeing all the things that I have read about from others in past years. I have had many years where my peak checks are smaller than my regular checks.

I am in feeders this year (running an extra route,) so there is that, but still. I am doing 13+ hours everyday. This whole thing has me rethinking if I would really ever want a FT feeder gig. I like being under 9/5 way more than I like huge paychecks.

16. barnyard

Retirements. There were a bunch of them. Lots of people in key places that are doing their 1st or 2nd peaks in those jobs.

17. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Retirement on the horizon?

18. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

The goops in Atlanta only see a headcount ... area knowledge means a lot when your car in bricked out!

19. Brownslave688

I commute a long way to work but yeah one large thing keeping out of feeder is I don’t want to do 60 hours per week. I’d literally have no life at all M-F when you add in the commute.

20. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Well-Known Member

Just starting to be on my radar is a future recession. If we lose Target, more Amazon, and Macys (Macys may be bankrupt in 3-4 years) there will be significant routes cut as well as issues with the next labor contract.

UPS needs to get back to servicing our customers better. This constant late air, damaged packages, ghetto looking driver appearance standards and ghetto language when customers call in with issues needs to change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List