This peak feels so different.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I used to also read the contents of the Omaha Steak containers on my way up to the delivery point.
I find it amusing that you have no life what so ever and posted your lame ass comment on the news channel website about the seasonal helper throwing a package
You my not friend are a loooooooosser

PT Car Washer

Minneapolis is so backed up right now, that might have something to do with the easier peak.
I heard the same thing from one of our Feeder drivers Thursday when I was walking out and he was walking in. He said they were driving U Hauls up from St Louis to help out. Driver sup told me Friday he was headed up there to help. Sounds like a real mess and more because of mismanagement then weather. FNN said Atlanta was looking into the problem.

barnyard

KTM rider
I pull loads to STPMN and pull loads out of MINMN. I ran into a supe from Oak Creek, Wi last week in STPMN and one of our ORS is there as well. Both hubs are swamped. A friend in Burnsville, Mn has had a package listed as 'out for delivery' for 2 weeks now. The weather here has not been horrible.

My route is cut in half, both cars are going out with over 200 stops.

I need to send gifts to Wisconsin and feel guilty about adding more volume to an already stressed system. Probably going to wait till late January.

barnyard

KTM rider
I do wonder what back ups in certain places might have to do with others having a decent peak.

I have wondered the same. The past couple of years have not been horrible in my center. This year, we are seeing all the things that I have read about from others in past years. I have had many years where my peak checks are smaller than my regular checks.

I am in feeders this year (running an extra route,) so there is that, but still. I am doing 13+ hours everyday. This whole thing has me rethinking if I would really ever want a FT feeder gig. I like being under 9/5 way more than I like huge paychecks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have wondered the same. The past couple of years have not been horrible in my center. This year, we are seeing all the things that I have read about from others in past years. I have had many years where my peak checks are smaller than my regular checks.

I am in feeders this year (running an extra route,) so there is that, but still. I am doing 13+ hours everyday. This whole thing has me rethinking if I would really ever want a FT feeder gig. I like being under 9/5 way more than I like huge paychecks.
I commute a long way to work but yeah one large thing keeping out of feeder is I don’t want to do 60 hours per week. I’d literally have no life at all M-friend when you add in the commute.

Heavy Package

Just starting to be on my radar is a future recession. If we lose Target, more Amazon, and Macys (Macys may be bankrupt in 3-4 years) there will be significant routes cut as well as issues with the next labor contract.

UPS needs to get back to servicing our customers better. This constant late air, damaged packages, ghetto looking driver appearance standards and ghetto language when customers call in with issues needs to change.