This peak feels so different.

DriverNerd

The whole Twin Cities area is completely swamped. Minneapolis, St Paul, and Shakopee (temp hub for St Paul and Maple Grove overflow - which is also the hub Burnsville comes out of) are getting absolutely crushed. I know that those drivers that work in these hubs already know this but for everybody else:

• We had one bad snow storm and 3 smaller snows (which for around here were very minor, but did cause minor delays).
  • We're working 70 hours per week - right up to our 70 and still not getting stuff done
  • We're not rolling any loads, just loading some package cars with over 500 stops (but hey, not rolling loads :disgusted:)
  • Tons and tons of PVD drivers working, but have almost no helpers (even with offering more money and bonuses)
  • We have drivers that haven't touched their 7000 and 8000 shelves in weeks (some are so full everyday that they can't skip their 4000-6000 to get to their 7's and 8's because there is no way to work around that much volume
  • Management won't listen to the drivers when we give good advice to help get us caught up - you know, same old UPS
  • I get a text on my DIAD everyday asking if my volume will get back to the hub by 19:45, when I haven't punched out before 22:00 in 2 weeks
  • And there's much, much more

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
My only complaint thus far has been Surepost. That's where a lot of my volume is coming from. Deliver 1 or 2 of ours to a house and 3 or 4 sure posts.

Management has no right to complain about packages being rolled IMO when all they have to do is flip the switch and send the surepost garbage to the post office where it belongs. Is it not enough that we turned a profit by putting it in our trailers for the trip from warehouse to hub?

Let USPS drown and be the bad guy that ruined Christmas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My only complaint thus far has been Surepost. That's where a lot of my volume is coming from. Deliver 1 or 2 of ours to a house and 3 or 4 sure posts.

Management has no right to complain about packages being rolled IMO when all they have to do is flip the switch and send the surepost garbage to the post office where it belongs. Is it not enough that we turned a profit by putting it in our trailers for the trip from warehouse to hub?

Wait a minute------you can't have it both ways!!

Either you guys want the Surepost or you don't------you can't just take it when it is convenient and dump it on the Post Office, which is equally swamped, where it will sit in a corner until they can get to it.

Poop Head

Judge me.

surepost is ours.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
surepost is ours.

I beg to differ.

Below you will see a sample of a surepost label.

At the top left, you will see it's our job to ship to local USPS.

Beneath our tracking barcode you will then see "USPS Deliver to:"

UPS-Surepost-ParcelSelect.png

Throw all these packages in a 24 footer, drop off at local post office, watch paid day drop drastically.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I beg to differ.

Below you will see a sample of a surepost label.

At the top left, you will see it's our job to ship to local USPS.

Beneath our tracking barcode you will then see "USPS Deliver to:"

UPS-Surepost-ParcelSelect.png

Throw all these packages in a 24 footer, drop off at local post office, watch paid day drop drastically.
While we're at it let's subcontract the rest of the deliveries in your truck. That will make things much easier.

ManInBrown

driver in my building told me before surepost routes were never cut. Only holidays. The friday before Memorial day. Days like that, where people took long weekends. Can someone who has been in package since before surepost confirm that?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
driver in my building told me before surepost routes were never cut. Only holidays. The friday before Memorial day. Days like that, where people took long weekends. Can someone who has been in package since before surepost confirm that?

It was before surepost, but it was also before the correct stop counts were on a screen in real time for a dispatch plan supervisor to make add/cuts or add/eliminate routes.

Some preloaders would make good money from drivers looking to get out of work early on a Friday. All it took was an "inaccurate" stop count.

It was before surepost, but it was also before the correct stop counts were on a screen in real time for a dispatch plan supervisor to make add/cuts or add/eliminate routes.

Some preloaders would make good money from drivers looking to get out of work early on a Friday. All it took was an "inaccurate" stop count.
Or for rude drivers to have an extra long Friday.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
The whole Twin Cities area is completely swamped. Minneapolis, St Paul, and Shakopee (temp hub for St Paul and Maple Grove overflow - which is also the hub Burnsville comes out of) are getting absolutely crushed. I know that those drivers that work in these hubs already know this but for everybody else:

• We had one bad snow storm and 3 smaller snows (which for around here were very minor, but did cause minor delays).
  • We're working 70 hours per week - right up to our 70 and still not getting stuff done
  • We're not rolling any loads, just loading some package cars with over 500 stops (but hey, not rolling loads :disgusted:)
  • Tons and tons of PVD drivers working, but have almost no helpers (even with offering more money and bonuses)
  • We have drivers that haven't touched their 7000 and 8000 shelves in weeks (some are so full everyday that they can't skip their 4000-6000 to get to their 7's and 8's because there is no way to work around that much volume
  • Management won't listen to the drivers when we give good advice to help get us caught up - you know, same old UPS
  • I get a text on my DIAD everyday asking if my volume will get back to the hub by 19:45, when I haven't punched out before 22:00 in 2 weeks
  • And there's much, much more

Sounds EXACTLY like 2013 peak. Except for pickup volume we'd have a guy who could actually be back to the building in time go around and meet all the drivers with pickup volume and grab their stuff.

Amazon and all of their crap. Once again, FedEx was smart to drop them.

barnyard

KTM rider
Amazon and all of their crap. Once again, FedEx was smart to drop them.

FE is having the same problems in the same areas that we are. There are people on my route asking what is going on with FE, as they have packages that have been 'out for delivery' for over a week that they have not received.