This really BURNS me up!!!

SLeDHeaD

PLEASE DON'T ASK!
For GOD's sake I would never ever do something like this! Thank GOD I have
a very secured job!:happy-very: -Dave

[video=youtube;xcIOy6XcM3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcIOy6XcM3s[/video]

[video=youtube;sgAq_KnDIPc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAq_KnDIPc&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

dei8

The first one I have seen before, and there are many reasons why the driver did that. The second one I have never seen. That one is amazing. He had the package the whole time, barely stops the vehicle, and probably didnt turn off the engine. That guy should get in trouble. besides the fact he threw it. Its embarrassing.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Kinda freaks you out the thought of rezi's recording your every move and the chance that if you do something stupid it'll end up on youtube.

robot

Has A Large Member
I use to swing on a route where the regular driver was known to take two steps
out of his package car and throw the package.

I dr'd a package on his route and before I made it back the owner came out bitching about a dent in his door. Apparentally the regular driver threw a fruitcake at his door....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Are you all actually drivers ?!?!?!?!?!

Granted, it was a pretty long toss and his parking procedure leaves something to be desired, BUT it was a plastic bag with clothes.

I've tossed many a bag and have no hard feelings because there is nothing breakable in it. If it saves you a few steps and you can toss it to the door, no management person would give any driver a hard time.

This driver was obviously in a hurry, and just that could have caused an accident. That is the issue with the second video. The first one was more about a damaged package if I remember the thread from last year. He probably could have gone around the shrub and made the delivery softer.

SLeDHeaD

PLEASE DON'T ASK!
Are you all actually drivers ?!?!?!?!?!

Granted, it was a pretty long toss and his parking procedure leaves something to be desired, BUT it was a plastic bag with clothes.

I've tossed many a bag and have no hard feelings because there is nothing breakable in it. If it saves you a few steps and you can toss it to the door, no management person would give any driver a hard time.

This driver was obviously in a hurry, and just that could have caused an accident. That is the issue with the second video. The first one was more about a damaged package if I remember the thread from last year. He probably could have gone around the shrub and made the delivery softer.

Don't they train us...HAND TO SURFACE? I've been driving full time since 1995! It doesn't matter whats in the pkg cause IF someone see's
you throwing it...well you just opened a can of WORMS! LOL

Kevin211

hey they are just finishing off what started when you first ship it with any company.

Throw it in bin for sort, throw it on belt, in trailer, and throw it at customer door... Full circle of a delivery system at any company just not UPS

SLeDHeaD

PLEASE DON'T ASK!
hey they are just finishing off what started when you first ship it with any company.

Throw it in bin for sort, throw it on belt, in trailer, and throw it at customer door... Full circle of a delivery system at any company just not UPS

THEYcan doo what they want! But I'm gonna do it my way and the right way!
No matter how many stops they give me!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't they train us...HAND TO SURFACE? I've been driving full time since 1995! It doesn't matter whats in the pkg cause IF someone see's
you throwing it...well you just opened a can of WORMS! LOL

Yeah,
For Boxes

I am not saying what this guy did was right. HE was about 40 feet from the door. But if you think that every driver HAND TO SURFACES a bag every time to a residential address, then you're naive. Every driver should assume he's being recorded at every stop, that would not stop me from tossing a QVC bag from 10 feet away.

Let's take a video of the small sort at your facilty. Your HAND TO SURFACE method would be nearer to 0% than 100%.

evilleace

What gets me in the second one is that the package car wasn't even stopped when he jumped out. Plus a short toss with a bag is fine but to throw it from the end of the driveway. Why even get out of the truck? Also with all the UPS videos on youtube it is really making it look like we don't care about the package or the customer if that was my bag that was thrown 30 feet to my door I would ship with someone else the next time.

overallowed

Both videos are shameful and embarassing. This is a perfect example of advice I was given the first day I went to work for ups back in 1982, by a senior driver.
"Always act like somebody is watching you. Because they are."
This is true today more than ever.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I thought it was industry substandard to throw QVC or Victoria Secrets bags to the door from 10 feet.

I don't know what measuring system you use in Upstate NY, but 10 feet is not that far. Also, tossing it on their doorstep is not the same as throwing it from the end of the driveway.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Both videos are shameful and embarassing. This is a perfect example of advice I was given the first day I went to work for ups back in 1982, by a senior driver.
"Always act like somebody is watching you. Because they are."
This is true today more than ever.

YEAH

The youtube video of the FED-EX driver taking a piss off someones driveway wants me to send all my business back to them as well.

Regardless, pretend your being recorded at all times.

klein

Für Meno :)
I only had to throw a package twice, maybe 3 times, and only a few feet.
Because, I didn't want to enter the fenced yard with 2 mean big dogs barking at me.
Another place, was a front porch they had fenced off, and a dog on it. Probably was harmless, but opening the gate could get the dog out, it was just easier to lean some what over, and give it a light 3 ft toss.
Most dogs wouldn't scare me.... but with 2 big ones...didn't want to take that chance.
Free roaming farm dogs, they are awesome, but the city fenced in ones...they are there to watch (and attack) at times.

Other then that. I never threw packages.
I don't care about cams, or maybe neighbors watching.
It's thier property, and I wouldn't want my thrown like they did in those vids.

Eclipz

In the first vid it sounded like something breakable was in the package. Could've easily walked those few extra steps to deliver that one safely. The 2nd really is just unbelievable in many ways! I guess you could call this a "drive-by delivery" and probably as much forbidden as shooting.

Even if there's something unbreakable in the package, it makes you look lazy and won't do UPS's reputation any good if you're doing your job this way. I know I wouldn't want my packages being delivered like that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't know what measuring system you use in Upstate NY, but 10 feet is not that far. Also, tossing it on their doorstep is not the same as throwing it from the end of the driveway.

The measuring system we use here in Upstate NY is customer service and tossing a package, whether 10' or the length of a driveway, is not considered good customer service IMO.

BTW, how are you able to knock on the door if you are 10' away from the house?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The measuring system we use here in Upstate NY is customer service and tossing a package, whether 10' or the length of a driveway, is not considered good customer service IMO.

BTW, how are you able to knock on the door if you are 10' away from the house?

Good thing your condescending opinion means nothing

Much like all of your[FONT=&quot] 6772[/FONT] posts :surprised:

Last edited by a moderator: