This seems weird.

yeldarb

I have been a driver for about 10 years, and a friend of mine ordered a next day air, which was shipped yesterday, Wednesday (the 31'st) Is a next day air, so it should be delievered on Friday...( I would think anyways). However, the UPS site says it is on time, but is scheduled for delivery on Jan. 5. She needs it by Saturday, and having it shipped on Wednesday, shouldnt it be delivered on Friday? The tracking number is 1Z 5X3 861 01 0053 383 3.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have been a driver for about 10 years, and a friend of mine ordered a next day air, which was shipped yesterday, Wednesday (the 31'st) Is a next day air, so it should be delievered on Friday...( I would think anyways). However, the UPS site says it is on time, but is scheduled for delivery on Jan. 5. She needs it by Saturday, and having it shipped on Wednesday, shouldnt it be delivered on Friday? The tracking number is 1Z 5X3 861 01 0053 383 3.
Did not hear anything about Air processing being suspended for 12/31.
My guess is the transit files used to determined SDD got 'mucked" up with the changes made for no Ground movements on 12/31.
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 01/01/2009 12:07 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
If I had to bet, I would bet on it getting delivered tomorrow 1/2.
CTC on UPS.com shows delivery on 1/2.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As you know, yesterday was a UPS holiday, with delivery of next day and 2nd day only and pickups had to be scheduled in advance, which is where your problem lies. It sounds to me as though the shipper in question did not schedule a pickup so, while the billing information has been received, the pkg is still sitting at the pickup and will be picked up on Friday and del on Monday. My advice to you is to call the shipper and ask him to upgrade to Saturday ($10 extra).

yeldarb

That is what I am hoping as well. It was shipped from Wisconsin, and made it to Lousiville this morning, at 12:07 am, which to me seems like everything is normal, since that is the air hub. When she first told me about the mix up, I was thinking it was likely a shipper error, but everything seems like it was done correctly.

yeldarb

upstate, I was thinking that was a possibility with the holiday, ( I worked yesterday) and heard of several accounts calling about a missed pickup, when in fact, they were not scheduled. This obviously was picked up, so hopefully it will make it tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upstate, I was thinking that was a possibility with the holiday, ( I worked yesterday) and heard of several accounts calling about a missed pickup, when in fact, they were not scheduled. This obviously was picked up, so hopefully it will make it tomorrow.

If the pkg was P/U and made it to Louisville she will have it tomorrow. Hoax was right in his explanation.

sdf6hr2

tomorrow on nda's is a good bet. i worked NYE night getting ready for NYD night's sort; most of the a/c are in, partially unloaded, hub unloads are staged up, outbound cans staged.... it should be a fast & furious night (even an early start time) weather should even cooperate. good luck.

yeldarb

Thats one of the joys with living on my package route. I know many of the people pretty well in my neighborhood.

gded

wend and thurs are holidays for ups

yeldarb

uh yea, but UPS still operates.......If you would have read any of the threads, you would have seen that it was picked up on Wednesday, and arrived in Louisville Thursday morning. Although a holiday, Air is still moved.

drewed

Shankman
Not through the end of dec, the guarantee is meant just as much for christmas as it is new years because there is still a extrodinary amount of packages in the system still

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member

Good news, it looks like your pkg is out for delivery today!

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
1Z 5X3 861 01 0053 383 3

Type: Package
UPS has delivered the shipment.

Delivered On: 01/02/2009
9:29 A.M.
Delivered To: SOUTH JORDAN, UT, US

Good News!