This will be my speech at my retirement pcm.

surviv'n_it

For those who watch the tv series, The Office, you may have seen this episode but I just happened to come across it tonight on YouTube. I couldnt help but laugh so hard and think this is exactly how I feel about management at UPS, just without the angry undertones. I couldnt laugh any harder but I think I know what my speech will be at my retirement pcm.

Best of the Office: Stanley Yells at Michael

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
Please have your wife go with the video camera and record it. That would be so funny. Then place it on here for all to see.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In my Center, a retiring employee probably wouldn't be recognized and be given an add/cut before he hit the road on his last day.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
A lot of people have fantasies of being a hard ass on their last day. But lets face it, when they give you your donuts and coffee, bring you up before your co-workers, and the finality of it hits you, most people's emotions turn to a decidely softer place.

At least that has been my observation.

Dagoof

take the coffee and doughnuts get in the truck go eat breakfast, do some shopping take lunch your full hour of course, go to a movie then call the center and tell them to use the gps to find their truck the keys are locked in the back.The cab is locked have a good life.

rod

Retired 22 years
A lot of people have fantasies of being a hard ass on their last day. But lets face it, when they give you your donuts and coffee, bring you up before your co-workers, and the finality of it hits you, most people's emotions turn to a decidely softer place.

At least that has been my observation.

Must be different where you are. There were no donuts and coffee, no good- bye speech, no thanks for the 30 years, no cuts, pretty much just another day. The last words I heard from management in my UPS carreer were "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE BUILDING" (just like I'd heard everyday for years and years. When I got done for the day there wasn't any management around (Friday you know) so I left my building key on the center manager's desk, changed clothes on their dime, punched out, and went to the local saloon to meet the wife and some of the other drivers. :happy2: And I lived happily ever after.

rod

Retired 22 years
I got a nice embossed Teamster billfold, a nice Parker Bro. Teamster pen and a set of liscense plate frames that say "Retired Teamster". And a Teamster tee-shirt and they laminated my last Union dues receipt. No meal though. The best gift though is that retirement ck that is automatically deposited like clock work every month.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In my building, the center usually provides a cake or some muffins or something when an old-timer retires, and his/her service is honored at the morning PCM.

We had a 36 yr man retire recently, and on his last day he put in for an 8 hr request and basically informed them of how many stops he was going to do before coming in, so they cut him down to that number without too much of a fuss.

They let him keep his old pre-DIAD metal clipboard, and the gas cap from the ancient P-500 that he had driven for many years as a souvenier.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
take the coffee and doughnuts get in the truck go eat breakfast, do some shopping take lunch your full hour of course, go to a movie then call the center and tell them to use the gps to find their truck the keys are locked in the back.The cab is locked have a good life.

Nice idea, except for the fact that the other drivers in your loop are going to work 12 hr days to clean up the mess after you are gone. You are basically screwing them over to "get even" with some sup who pissed you off 15 yrs ago and is probably long gone by now.

And lets not forget the customers who ordered the packages that you have made your career out of delivereing...will not get them when they need them.

The best revenge...is a long retirement combined with a clear conscience. When its time for me to go, I will give 2 weeks notice and continue busting my ass and giving a fair days work for a fair days pay right up until the last time I clock off.

Want to get even? Before you leave get your center managers FAX number, and every once in awhile send a photcopy of your pension check along with pictures of all the fish you have been catching.:happy-very:

island1fox

:happy2:I spent 36 years of my life at UPS. I worked p/t and friend/t both hourly and management. I worked in many different states and countries. The best part of my career --the Ups people. As with most careers I had more Ups than Downs but the last day I walked out of a UPS building --my retirement speech --one word-- was inspired by the movie "Braveheart"

----------------------FREEDOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink2:Strange but very true !!!

The best revenge...is a long retirement combined with a clear conscience. When its time for me to go, I will give 2 weeks notice and continue busting my ass and giving a fair days work for a fair days pay right up until the last time I clock off.

That idea in itself is honorable and I may do just that.....except odds are at least 50/50 that I will back my tractor into the division mgrs car. But at least it won`t affect our customers or my co-workers.