Those in first year driver progression

scisector9

For those who are in your first year of progression that had seniority before August 1 2013 what was your new hourly rate on your first check after ratification of the contract?

I ask because I am in 710 and we haven't passed our contract yet bit its looking to mirror the master currently and I'm not having much faith after what we saw with the holdouts in 89 and philly.

Have heard varying responses to what my rate will be. Did you stay at 17.25 with three year progression or did you get a pay raise and keep 3 year progression? Thought I read we stay at current rate and 3 years.

Cheers

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

IF you started driving before Aug 1, 2013 you are on the 3 year progression. If you started driving Aug 1st or After your on the 4 year progression. Your progression is based on when you started driving not when you made your 30 days.

scisector9

I started driving july 15th, 2013. That is also my seniority date. Do you know if I am entitled to the 18.75 or do I stay at 17.25 until year anniversary and follow current progression?

Thanks

UPSGUY72

I started driving july 15th, 2013. That is also my seniority date. Do you know if I am entitled to the 18.75 or do I stay at 17.25 until year anniversary and follow current progression?

Thanks

Your on the 3 year progression.

Start $16.10
Seniority $17.25
Twelve (12) months $18.45
Twenty-four(24) months $20.75
Thirty-six (36) months Top Rate

On July 15 you will go to $18.45..

You don't want to be on the 4 year progression.....

MangoMango

IF you started driving before Aug 1, 2013 you are on the 3 year progression. If you started driving Aug 1st or After your on the 4 year progression. Your progression is based on when you started driving not when you made your 30 days.
Nope. We were under an extension of the old contract.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Nope. We were under an extension of the old contract.

In the west, if you started driving as a part timer to full time employee, your seniority is a blended date, about halfway between your original hire date and your full time seniority attainment. That will peg you on the seniority list for vacations, pay increases, route bidding etc.

UPSGUY72

Must be nice over here in the 407 you have a part time date and full time date

Same in my area. When you move from PT to FT and your on the bottom of the FT seniority list you pick vacation last not matter if you have more building seniority than any other Ft driver....

Mr.McFeely

It is crazy what they did but everyone is entitled to a retro check even guys hired after Aug 1 2013
I have a September 21 2012 seniority date. I will stay at the old contract rates. But get the $0.70 retro check from Aug 1,2013 to my Sept 21,2013. Then they give me my new rate of $18.45. Basically you don't carry over the $0.70 on top of that. I will get $ 0.70 raise in Aug 2014 and make $19.15 for the month and a half until I get my $20.75 and again you don't get the extra $0.70 on top of that. New hires will get retro check of the wage difference between where they were before contract example if they were making the $17.25 and hired after Aug 1 2013 then they will get retro check of $1.50 per hour!!!! WTF this is the craziest :censored2: ever! I bust my ass to get a job and now I have to stay out late to go bail out some driver that just started yesterday but makes more than me!!!!!!!