Those who forget peak history are condemned to repeat it

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Ecommerce peaks:

1. 2013- disaster
2. 2014- awesome best one yet
3. 2015- managing but forgetting what happened in 2013
4. 2016- survived but barely
5. 2017- well.... you know... results pending/ already took a major hit on reputation with some

1. 2018- awesome/ home by 8?
2. 2019- ok/ starting to forget ?
3. 2020- already forgetting 2017?
4. 2021- almost didn't get it done?
5. 2022- really really bad?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

2017, when you have to force your employees to work a 6th day at time and a half it's a failure!!

That part yes.... I'm waiting to see if we have a lot not making it by Christmas! 2013- 1,000,000 at least!

Mst3k

This peak sucks, before peak I was working 58 hours in 5 days, now I working 44 hours in 6 days. Not going to have the cash for gifts this year.

Dhydratd

This peak sucks, before peak I was working 58 hours in 5 days, now I working 44 hours in 6 days. Not going to have the cash for gifts this year.
Since being forced to work 6 days, my take home pay has been over 2k/week. How are you not getting 60+ hours in 6 days?

Mst3k

Since being forced to work 6 days, my take home pay has been over 2k/week. How are you not getting 60+ hours in 6 days?
I honestly don’t know, most routes here are going out light, I haven’t even had a helper but twice this year. Maybe the seasonal are going out heavy.

AlliSeeisBrown

Last year we were coming in around 9pm on average. This year, most drivers are getting off around 6:30-7:00. Running about 12-16 routes on Saturdays and 40 routes during the week.

Jeez last year for peak we worked until almost midnight every day or until called in. We weren't allowed to sort or load but we did it anyway.

The year prior was about the same. A 12h shift every day but better than 9am to midnight.

In 2014, I was surprised I was really used at all, and happy to have my 8 a day. Some days less. Packages were lighter but there were more and our weather was awesome too.

AlliSeeisBrown

Who cares about how peak goes? Worry only about yourself. Punch in and punch out.
When I'm done, I tend to call the drivers in my loop to see if they're wrapping up. The mentality of both of us getting in at 7, instead of one us at 6:00 and another at 8:00 has gotten me bailed countless times. All in it together.