Thought it could not get worse..WRONG!

Trackless in brown

Well looks like we had 477 late airs on Thursday...Now we are actually being told to just deliver all resi airs in trace after 10:30...Most of the drivers are refusing to do that and deliver all airs first, no way I am delivering a NDA at 8pm!!!! and now our start time on Friday was 9:40! What a sad day at UPS......

JL 0513

Well looks like we had 477 late airs on Thursday...Now we are actually being told to just deliver all resi airs in trace after 10:30...Most of the drivers are refusing to do that and deliver all airs first, no way I am delivering a NDA at 8pm!!!! and now our start time on Friday was 9:40! What a sad day at UPS......

Sounds like they need to just shut down your center. What the hell is going on over there?

PT Car Washer

Looks like his management team is trying to sabotage their own operation.
I have personally been through this kind of situation. Ask sup about all the late air and what can I do about it. His reply was "if I am not concerned then don't you be concerned". Never did figure out what that meant. Internal power play I guess. Ever feel like a puppet ?

km3

I have personally been through this kind of situation. Ask sup about all the late air and what can I do about it. His reply was "if I am not concerned then don't you be concerned". Never did figure out what that meant. Internal power play I guess. Ever feel like a puppet ?

Not being a driver/air driver, I've only dealt with similar situations inside. Whenever I talk to PT sups about whatever's going on, I get what has become the standard answer of "That's what I was told needs to be done. Doesn't make sense to me either, just do it."

Box Ox

Jesus. I deliver NDA to medical facilities that count on having their packages for procedures on that day. Same for businesses that need critical parts or customers that need medications. And they pay a buttload for it, obviously.

Could not imagine late air being a regular thing, on top of being told to just run it in trace.

9:40???? Jesus!! So leave building at 9:50 (if your lucky) how many NDA could you do before 10:30? I'd bet not many.

Indecisi0n

It's not your company and not your choice how to delivery when told otherwise. Work as directed or face the consequences without hope of the union being able to help you. If all this late air is a real concern the guys from up-above will address it. You just make you daily notes of what's happening with you and keep on truckin.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It's either not enough routes or your preload is a dumpster fire.
Either way, make sure you get in those sales leads.
Amazon is gunning for us and we have to make sure we grow our business......:raspberry-tounge:

It's sad that this company is more concerned about a gallon of gas than serving our customers the Jim Casey way.
And if you say it's about profits, the Jim Casey way keeps our customers happy and they never leave us. Which equals profits !!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

9:40???? Jesus!! So leave building at 9:50 (if your lucky) how many NDA could you do before 10:30? I'd bet not many.

9:30 start here. We left building at 9:55 yesterday. I had 6 air stops including Walmart. Delivered all of them and all of the bulk at Walmart before 10:30.

I did have to go back to deliver the inside stops. :(

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
giphy.gif

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Guy who pulls my TP60 starts at 825am and has a 30+ minute ride to my satellite center. Usually don't get my load until between 910 and 930 depending on when he leaves the center. Takes me between 35 minutes to an hour to load my package car which doesn't leave me any time to make commits on my air. Just instructed to deliver any air late year round.