Thought you might like to watch this clip!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I love the New Yoik-New Joisey accents. Do you guys even know how to pronounce your "R's"?

It was a cute clip but it was obviously staged. It in no way reflects the typical clusterf&%k that is the reality of a UPS preload operation, particularly during peak season. I didnt see packages getting mangled or falling off of the ends of the belts; I didnt see walkways jammed with irregs; I didnt see MDU's with leaky roofs, standing water, or preloaders crawling over piles of bulk due to inadequate egress.

If the general public ever saw a real look at the inside of a UPS center and how roughly the packages actually get treated, we would lose a lot of business.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I love the New Yoik-New Joisey accents. Do you guys even know how to pronounce your "R's"?

It was a cute clip but it was obviously staged. It in no way reflects the typical clusterf&%k that is the reality of a UPS preload operation, particularly during peak season. I didnt see packages getting mangled or falling off of the ends of the belts; I didnt see walkways jammed with irregs; I didnt see MDU's with leaky roofs, standing water, or preloaders crawling over piles of bulk due to inadequate egress.

If the general public ever saw a real look at the inside of a UPS center and how roughly the packages actually get treated, we would lose a lot of business.
Fortunately for us its even worse at our competitors buildings. The advantage that we have is that UPS is so big that they cant hide from OSHA or the other agencies out there. I know its hard to beleive but its true, when I first started at UPS I thought to myself who on earth would ship anything through us? It wasnt untill I went full time and I talked to customers that I was informed that in fact UPS is by far the BEST! I was shocked as well, but the customers say we are by far better than any of our competitors. Take note the next time you make a delivery and there is a FedEx box on the porch as well, in general thier boxes are beat to heck. The funny thing is that in comparison thier volume is much much lower then ours and thier boxes still get damaged. At least we can blame it on our volume to some extent. Whats thier excuse?

old levi's

blank space

Well now that they know; hopefully we won't lose a lot of business.

Big Babooba

Sobah, I hawd plenty of Ahs. Go to Eastahn Massachusetts and you won't heyah the lettah Ah. It does not exist. WGBH, the PBS affiliate doesn't even bothah broadcasting Sesame Street when it is sponsahed by the lettah Ah because the message would fall upon deaf eyahs.
:happy-very:

over9five

Staff member

Sobah, I heyahd plenty of Ahs. Go to Eastahn Massachusetts and you won't heyah the lettah Ah. It does not exist. WGBH, the PBS affiliate doesn't even bothah broadcasting Sesame Street when it is sponsahed by the lettah Ah because the message would fall upon deaf eyahs.
:happy-very:

I don't cayah who you ahh, that was funny!

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

He talks about keeping the walkway open but just before that he's loading a car that you can't walk past the wheels wells the isle is so full. Those cars didn't look like that had a lot of packages on them for peak. It was pretty obvious that those cars were fluffed before the camera got there.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sobah, I hawd plenty of Ahs. Go to Eastahn Massachusetts and you won't heyah the lettah Ah. It does not exist. WGBH, the PBS affiliate doesn't even bothah broadcasting Sesame Street when it is sponsahed by the lettah Ah because the message would fall upon deaf eyahs.:happy-very:
That was funny.