Thoughts......... fired from UPS after complaining about racial remark

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
K, I'll take the bait...
1) Wait to "make a difference" and to rid the world of injustice until after you've made seniority. Keep your head down and stfu.
2) The PT sup apologized, even though he was clearly just joking about "beating" him. He didn't say anything racist--he joked about a current event/news story and apologized when the newbie conveyed how overly sensitive he was.

UPSGUY72

Wonder what he got fired for
1. job abandonment
2. Job abandonment

He was a seasonal employee he didn't get fired he was let go. He was still working as a at will employee.

He doesn't have a case even if he wasn't a seasonal employee he would have still be in the probational period where UPS can let you go for any reason.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If this dude put as much effort into doing/keeping his job as he did running to the media, he'd be released from employment on Xmas eve like expected.
Either way, GOOD RIDDANCE.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A seasonal idiot yesterday knocked over my coffee cup tossing packages. He got a few choice words tossed his way....maybe he'll be on the news today...lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A seasonal idiot yesterday knocked over my coffee cup tossing packages. He got a few choice words tossed his way....maybe he'll be on the news today...lol

There goes another seasonal via BB58 !!! LOL
wondy_kickinass.gif

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
When I started working for UPS, my facility was nearly 100% white but has increasingly become more diverse. Racial/ethic jokes are common among everybody... mostly in good fun (but NEVER appropriate) but sometimes not. We can't be certain if the incident took place as described, or if the employee/sup were trading jabs and the employee ultimately got offended and walked out, or if the employee walked out for some other reason....

- Why did the employee not discuss it with somebody else to begin with?
- Why did the employee return to work the next day?

Obviously management took it serious enough to involve HR, which probably investigated somewhat... HR getting involved for non-seniority employees is rare.