Thoughts of your local...

PT Car Washer

Our local does a great job at getting people back to work after being terminated. Usually when they deserved being terminated. If I have an issue I only have to make a phone call and it will be returned that day. Sometimes I may not like the answer and sometimes management does not like the answer. Most of the time the Union weakness comes from a lack of members participation in enforcing their rights. So many times I have told new PTers to just make a phone call and a lot of "stuff" will end. Even PT jr when asked to come in early to do set up refuses because "I don't end up getting paid for it and just work for free." One of the easiest problems to get resolved. Just takes a phone call. Of course I have been battling a pay issue for the last month so I know how he feels. Of course having a $300.00 payroll correction makes it worthwhile.

T

Turdferguson

Like my local. Have always fought for our rights under the contact. Does a lot to encourage participation in the local, and with the other unions in our area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Apparently those are imposters wearing Teamster jackets that solicit us for money outside our hub once a year then. My mistake.

No, those idiots do wear the jackets, but they are not from your local.

Do you even know what DRIVE is? It's a PAC and all of the money raised is used to fund lobbyists who then try to further our interests in DC.

upsmaninmi

Funny. One of them looks identical to our local Teamster rep that I have seen a handful of times over the course of the twenty years I've been at UPS. He was also here in 1997 to let us know the Teamsters didn't have any money to pay for our second week of being on strike. Now I pay them almost $90 a month. Looks like I'm the idiot.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Your local has nothing to do with DRIVE.

Well.... half of your DRIVE contribution goes to your Local, for local political issues.

The rest goes to the IBT. Not a lot of members know that.

My Local makes very judicious use, of the local funds by supporting candidates

that can help the membership. (i.e. judges) ;)

No, those idiots do wear the jackets, but they are not from your local.
Funny. One of them looks identical to our local Teamster rep that I have seen a handful of times over the course of the twenty years I've been at UPS.

Most Local's don't send IBT reps in blind. They will have a BA go with them.

He was also here in 1997 to let us know the Teamsters didn't have any money to pay for our second week of being on strike.

I don't know why he would tell you that.

Granted, the weekly benefit was only $50.00. But, if you did strike duty.... you were eligible.

-Bug-