Threatened again...

Cementups

Box Monkey
I never lie about why I am calling off. I call off so infrequently that they don't question it too much. hell I've called off from other states and told them the reason I wouldn't be coming in. hard to make the commute when you are in Detroit and you live in PA.
When I called in from Detroit it had snowed badly in Harrisburg. I told them I would not be able to make it in. They told me that they would come and get me. I told them I wasn't at home. they say, that's ok, where are you? I respond, "In Detroit, how soon can you be here?" They hung up on me. No response, just a click.

billyboy

they cannot due anything to you.only if you have to many accasions.they connot make you work . tell your shop stewart tohelp you ,or union .GOD BLESS:happy-very::cool:

8up

With all due respect, I won't lie when i call in sick. I just tell them that i'm sick, or wife's sick, or too tired or whatever is the truth. Why lower yourself by lying? It lowers your self esteem and destroys your integrity.

last year mgmt. was told to pay the option day when an employee called in, but if the employee didn't state that they were "sick" then it counted as an occurrence. too many folks were takin' friday off to head out of town and leavin' the work for the rest of us. i asked, and was told that just using the option days for an extended weekend was not the "spirit" of the contract language for the 5 days intended to be "sick days" vs. the two "personal" days.
is anyone else seeing this policy?

over9five

Staff member
they cannot due anything to you.only if you have to many accasions.they connot make you work . tell your shop stewart tohelp you ,or union .GOD BLESS:happy-very::cool:

Welcome to BrownCafe, Billyboy! Don't worry about your spelling, keep posting and it will get better!

last year mgmt. was told to pay the option day when an employee called in, but if the employee didn't state that they were "sick" then it counted as an occurrence. too many folks were takin' friday off to head out of town and leavin' the work for the rest of us. i asked, and was told that just using the option days for an extended weekend was not the "spirit" of the contract language for the 5 days intended to be "sick days" vs. the two "personal" days.
is anyone else seeing this policy?
You probably won't see this policy in official print, because it is not contractual, management is making up policy as they go. How can they consider it an "occurrence" when those days are your's per the contract?

And once again we have to remember that option days/weeks vary in different areas of the country. This article of the contracts, just as many other articles need to have more specific, detailed language for clarification.