threatened to be killed on the job

Babagounj

Strength through joy
1. if you must shoot, make it painful as possible.
2. try to find out who he is afraid of, & make that person your new best friend.

gray squirrel

To follow up on this thread. I was delivering to a newly opened coal mine. The mine has a very long (probably 3/4 of a mile) drive back to the office trailer. I got behind a car with three people in it, going very slow. They were looking at all the equipment, and machinery along the road. When we finally got back to where the rent a cop guard was, I simply drove around the car, to the office. I delivered the packages, and started back down the drive. I stopped at the guard, and he commented about how the car and occupants smelled of marijanna. I once again got behind them going out. This time they were going even slower, and kept looking back at me. I attempted to pass them at a very wide spot in the drive. The driver sped up, and cut me off. No problem, I will just follow them out, and go the other way. At the end of the drive, the passenger got out, and wanted me to exit my truck, and throw down. I of course know that this action would get me fired, although ten years ago, it would have been on. I only have 11 years to go to retire, and won't risk my job on some jerk. Anyway, I just shut my door, and drove around them. They followed me to my next stop, and drove by blowing horn, and giving me the number one sign. No problem, this all doesn't bother me. The next time this person saw me, he chased my truck on foot, and kept yelling, "get out of the truck, and I will kick your fu--ing head in. I wasn't at any time delivering to him, didn't threaten him, curse at him, or provoke him in any way. This young man and family is well known in the area, and all customers say they are trouble. The only slight mistake I made, was atttempting to pass( I probably could have gotten out of my truck, and ran past the car) them in a very passable location. I will not change routes, or avoid this area. I worked very hard to get seniority to get this route, and will not let some drugged out pyscho run me out.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Your management team, your center manager, the people above your center manager, the local union, the police, and your family should be well informed about what's going on. Your manager should be told in front of witnesses. Preferably that witness is your local union BA. Then, if and when something happens and you are forced to defend yourself, it can't be misconstrued as your fault. No driver should have to go through this. I hope, for once, UPS steps up and backs their driver.

shrimpfire

shrimpfire
Your management team, your center manager, the people above your center manager, the local union, the police, and your family should be well informed about what's going on. Your manager should be told in front of witnesses. Preferably that witness is your local union BA. Then, if and when something happens and you are forced to defend yourself, it can't be misconstrued as your fault. No driver should have to go through this. I hope, for once, UPS steps up and backs their driver.
Couldnt have said it any better

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
To follow up on this thread. I was delivering to a newly opened coal mine. The mine has a very long (probably 3/4 of a mile) drive back to the office trailer. I got behind a car with three people in it, going very slow. They were looking at all the equipment, and machinery along the road. When we finally got back to where the rent a cop guard was, I simply drove around the car, to the office. I delivered the packages, and started back down the drive. I stopped at the guard, and he commented about how the car and occupants smelled of marijanna. I once again got behind them going out. This time they were going even slower, and kept looking back at me. I attempted to pass them at a very wide spot in the drive. The driver sped up, and cut me off. No problem, I will just follow them out, and go the other way. At the end of the drive, the passenger got out, and wanted me to exit my truck, and throw down. I of course know that this action would get me fired, although ten years ago, it would have been on. I only have 11 years to go to retire, and won't risk my job on some jerk. Anyway, I just shut my door, and drove around them. They followed me to my next stop, and drove by blowing horn, and giving me the number one sign. No problem, this all doesn't bother me. The next time this person saw me, he chased my truck on foot, and kept yelling, "get out of the truck, and I will kick your fu--ing head in. I wasn't at any time delivering to him, didn't threaten him, curse at him, or provoke him in any way. This young man and family is well known in the area, and all customers say they are trouble. The only slight mistake I made, was atttempting to pass( I probably could have gotten out of my truck, and ran past the car) them in a very passable location. I will not change routes, or avoid this area. I worked very hard to get seniority to get this route, and will not let some drugged out pyscho run me out.

Oh, I thought you were being stalked by some killer. Sounds to me like this guy thinks he's got you scared. Next time he tries you, stop the car and come out. Walk up to him and put him in a headlock. When he wakes up and realizes he has your Louisville slugger shoved up his rectum, I think things will go back to normal. If you need further asistance, call 1800PICKUPS and ask for stevetheupsguy, I'll be there in a heartbeat, brotha.

satellitedriver

What a poor life this punk must lead.
I agree with STUG's advice, but be prepared to back it up.
He sounds like a school yard bully and needs his nose bloodied.
Take good care and go home to your family safe and sound.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
What a poor life this punk must lead.
I agree with STUG's advice, but be prepared to back it up.
He sounds like a school yard bully and needs his nose bloodied.
Take good care and go home to your family safe and sound.
STUG? Hmmmmmm.............................I like it. Close to STUD but not quite. I think it fits. LMAO

tieguy

Banned
The guy sounds like a punk who needs an attitude adjustment.

Moving Grey to another route may not help since the wack job can still find him if he really wants to. All he would have to do is follow grey from the building.

Carrying the gun will get you fired. carry less lethal options such as mace.

What are the cops doing? what have they done.

take the guy to court and request that the judge require the punk keeps a certain distance from you at all times. My brain is dead but i know there is a legal term for it. That way you can have him locked up anytime you see him anywhere you.

take the punk to civil court for mental anguish. Document your fears, nightmares your nervous condition how it affects your daily life and job and hit him in the wallet.

Use the legal options available to defend yourself. Doing anything crazy will just get you in trouble or cost you your job.