Threats, threats and more threats...

RTURNSONLY

Today during our daily A.M. workgroup meeting, our SM threated all us couriers that:

1. Missing hitting route goals in September = OLCCL
2. Missing hitting route goals also in October = Warning Letter
3. Missing hitting route goals again in November = Termination

How about that? Anyone else had been threated like this?

SM also warned that "this new expectations memo will be corporate-wide."

thedownhillEXPRESS

We get threatened every day.
It's obvious they want people to quit or get fired.
It's only a matter of time until an age discrimination class action lawsuit gets going.
Seniors don't care about anything except themselves and are forcing people to falsify or do something illegal to keep their jobs.
Because we only made 37 billion dollars last year.

55+

I really cant wait to see them fire people for not meeting goals by Nov ...bring it on..I never hit goals anymore..parttime and they use me like a swing..different route areas every other day..about 92% right now ..will look forward to having christmas off for the first time in 26 years ..merry ho ho Fred .,

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think this has become universal at Express. There is a definite attempt to make the job as miserable as possible while shoving productivity down our throats. Think anyone will have an accident or falsify with all this pressure?
Calling all lawyers!

Rhoderunner

Hearing the same thing without the time table you lay out though. Basically 3 strikes and your out. HMMM, whatever happen to those 2 checkrides per year to set those damn goals ???!!

Guapo

First heard this about 2 years ago,sm put up a power point presentation with the same disciplinary progression. No one was ever fired but we were reminded regularly that "starting next month......"

zapmail

Now that I think of it we heard this also, maybe a year and a half ago..nothing ever came of it.
Today during our daily A.M. workgroup meeting, our SM threated all us couriers that:

DontThrowPackages

I think this has become universal at Express. There is a definite attempt to make the job as miserable as possible while shoving productivity down our throats. Think anyone will have an accident or falsify with all this pressure?
Calling all lawyers!
I'm really hoping some new or second time father, with all the extra bills to pay, doesn't succumb to the pressure of possibly losing his job because he was just given a warning letter that morning and speeds through a neighborhood and runs over someones child and its mother because he was scared he wasn't going to make is numbers.

DS

Fenderbender
They do the same thing at ups,3 day rides to establish you SPHOR,
(stops per hour on road)and you have to agree to it.
With us it's stay under 9.5 ,If you may go over,you have to phone and explain why.
If not it's a letter of reprimand.
Same crap different company.

SmithBarney

They do the same thing at ups,3 day rides to establish you SPHOR,
(stops per hour on road)and you have to agree to it.
With us it's stay under 9.5 ,If you may go over,you have to phone and explain why.
If not it's a letter of reprimand.
Same crap different company.

EXCEPT YOU HAVE UNION PROTECTION wish we did.
Same crap, except yours don't stink... ;)

Glorifiedpackmule

I'll let them run me off for not hitting my goals. I haven't hit them in over a year. None of our three swing drivers can even sniff hitting them. If they fired me for that I'd atleast leave knowing that I didnt lie, cheat, or steal to get the job done. I don't know that I could live with myself if I killed or injured someone over a damn box. I'll continue to use my methods. No speeding, no excessive running, no falsifying, and no killing of pedestrians. At the end of the day they're just boxes.

55+

So true..and Im pretty sure you would cash in at some point because someone will sue over this issue for sure..

hypo hanna

Hypothetically, we would do well to video some of these meetings, (Secretly of course). Be a handy thing to have for the lawsuit/s.

55+

Except you would get sued over the video and or audio device..witnesses and documentation are the most credible in court..

zapmail

GENERALLY speaking--if you don't falsify, steal, test positive for drugs--and you still get canned--you have a fairly good civil suit on your hands.

DontThrowPackages

GENERALLY speaking--if you don't falsify, steal, test positive for drugs--and you still get canned--you have a fairly good civil suit on your hands.
Great point. I expect a flood of drug tests all across Express as part of "natural attrition". Dollars to donuts, Ground need not worry lol.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We get threatened every day.
It's obvious they want people to quit or get fired.
It's only a matter of time until an age discrimination class action lawsuit gets going.
Seniors don't care about anything except themselves and are forcing people to falsify or do something illegal to keep their jobs.
Because we only made 37 billion dollars last year.

I know better than to ask, but how do you figure that we made $37 billion last year?

Goldilocks

There seem to be more drug tests as of late, and more targeted toward senior employees. No coincidence.

None at my my station, but that brings back a memory. Around 1988-1989 some use to smoke weed then run their routes. Wow talk about a trip when they had to work and hear dispatch on the radio and trying to make pickups stoned while incoming traffic lights blinding them," of course a courier told this to me". One monday we had a morning meeting to attend and personel said they would start manditory drug testing. I think everyone quit that day and never touched it again....You should have seen their faces...