Three letters and your FIRED!

Fragiledonthrow

Ok. I need some clarity from our vets in here. We have a bunch of new managers and the usual old disgruntled ones.
They are really throwing around this phrase around like there's no tomorrow for not making service. Things at the station are really chaotic and not going according "to plan".
Can this really be done? It really makes me a little scared. Since this the only job I have at the moment and me and my family depend on me being employed. What precautions or info do I need to know. So I can just blow them off and just take em as just plain old threats. That they use as a fear tactic on the drivers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ok. I need some clarity from our vets in here. We have a bunch of new managers and the usual old disgruntled ones.
They are really throwing around this phrase around like there's no tomorrow for not making service. Things at the station are really chaotic and not going according "to plan".
Can this really be done? It really makes me a little scared. Since this the only job I have at the moment and me and my family depend on me being employed. What precautions or info do I need to know. So I can just blow them off and just take em as just plain old threats. That they use as a fear tactic on the drivers.

Do your job by the methods. Do not steal. Do not falsify. Don't have any accidents. If you think you will have lates, inform your manager BEFORE you leave the building. Once you do that, the ball is back in his/her court. They are not supposed to give you a letter as long as you do this.

Keep a notebook of stupid things that happen....times, dates, places and any witnesses. Make sure mgmt knows you are doing this. CYA at all times and again, DON'T FALSIFY, for them or anyone else.

If they DO give you a letter despite you informing them, don't take it lying down. Fight it all the way to Memphis if you have to.

I don't care how tight you might think you are with a manager, they WILL throw you under the bus if it gets down to it. They're not going to put themselves out of a job to save yours.

Last edited:

outtatime

Do your job by the methods. Do not steal. Do not falsify. Don't have any accidents. If you think you will have lates, inform your manager BEFORE you leave the building. Once you do that, the ball is back in his/her court. They are not supposed to give you a letter as long as you do this.

Keep a notebook of stupid things that happen....times, dates, places and any witnesses. Make sure mgmt knows you are doing this. CYA at all times and again, DON'T FALSIFY, for them or anyone else.

If they DO give you a letter despite you informing them, don't take it lying down. Fight it all the way to Memphis if you have to.

I don't care how tight you might think you are with a manager, they WILL throw you under the bus if it gets down to it. They're not going to put themselves out of a job to save yours.

Follow this advice. If you think you're going to have lates, also send dispatch a message on your Powerpad so there is a record of you stating so. Otherwise your manager can always deny you said anything before you left the building.

!Retired!

You can inform the managers if you think you'll have lates, but they can always say you never told them. Make sure others hear you say it. After you leave the building, send a broadcast saying you need P1 help. I personally have never heard of anyone getting a letter, much less fired, because they had lates. As Rhoderunner said, if you continue to have lates because it's to much, ask for a check ride. Ask as many times as you need.

I do know quite a few people that got fired for falsification (including 1 senior manager), 1 for 2 days of no call/no show, 1 for stealing and 2 for accidents. Stealing and falsifying are automatic termination offenses. Don't release DSR's.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

WAD, which means "work as directed". Do whatever they say, no matter how ridiculous or stupid it might be, then document which manager told you to do it, the time, and exactly what you were told to do. Yes, get a notebook, and write it down, or send yourself an email or text so there is a time stamp to your documentation. They have zero recourse if you were just doing what you were told. Again, let them "think" for you, because you are just a box monkey and incapable of making smarter choices than them. Trying to "do your best" will always result in trouble...for you. Yes, I know it's ridiculous, but in Reverse World, doing the opposite of what makes sense will actually save your job, which you probably won't want in 30 days anyway.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can inform the managers if you think you'll have lates, but they can always say you never told them. Make sure others hear you say it. After you leave the building, send a broadcast saying you need P1 help. I personally have never heard of anyone getting a letter, much less fired, because they had lates. As Rhoderunner said, if you continue to have lates because it's to much, ask for a check ride. Ask as many times as you need.

I do know quite a few people that got fired for falsification (including 1 senior manager), 1 for 2 days of no call/no show, 1 for stealing and 2 for accidents. Stealing and falsifying are automatic termination offenses. Don't release DSR's.

Excellent advice. Where have you been?

Fragiledonthrow

Thanks guys for your response. I'm only willing to go over my sph by just so much. It's like they're telling you to falsify by always saying. U can can get it done. It's getting relentless and needed to know boundaries on how to push these guys back. Thanks again :)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Thanks guys for your response. I'm only willing to go over my sph by just so much. It's like they're telling you to falsify by always saying. U can can get it done. It's getting relentless and needed to know boundaries on how to push these guys back. Thanks again :)

If you show them you can get it done by taking shortcuts, running or speeding, nothing will ever change. You are getting it done. That's all they know.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I'd grieve it
Oh wait....
uiXorJf.gif

whenIgetthere

Follow this advice. If you think you're going to have lates, also send dispatch a message on your Powerpad so there is a record of you stating so. Otherwise your manager can always deny you said anything before you left the building.

Friend of mine at work got two letters because he was having lates, but it was because he was doing stand alones during P1 in a 1030 area. He said to me he thought it was stupid to have to go back to the same buildings twice. I told him WAD and you will make more money. My route is a 1200 P1 commit, and I never do stand alones before I finish P1's, even though it's allowed in my area.

Purplepackage

Friend of mine at work got two letters because he was having lates, but it was because he was doing stand alones during P1 in a 1030 area. He said to me he thought it was stupid to have to go back to the same buildings twice. I told him WAD and you will make more money. My route is a 1200 P1 commit, and I never do stand alones before I finish P1's, even though it's allowed in my area.

I assume he got the letters becasue they told him not to do it but he continued to do so. I always hit p2 during p1 on certain routes but i make sure I'm light enough on p1 to do it. When you have over 100 p2 not going back to certain places just makes the day smoother

dex 84

My rule for mixing is that I always make sure I can start doing just p1 stops at any point, do 10 stops per hour, and make service. If I have 45 minutes left and have 8 or more p1s I stop doing standalone p2 until/unless I get back ahead.

Sometimes I use 12 stops per hour for this rule, it depends on how tight the route is and how well I know the area. It's a good way to stay out of trouble though.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Let 'em fire you. Collect for 6 months and think long and hard about the direction your life is headed. And imagine how much better off you are without a deadend FedEx job. Make Fred your Ex.

Last edited by a moderator:

l22

My rule for mixing is that I always make sure I can start doing just p1 stops at any point, do 10 stops per hour, and make service. If I have 45 minutes left and have 8 or more p1s I stop doing standalone p2 until/unless I get back ahead.

Sometimes I use 12 stops per hour for this rule, it depends on how tight the route is and how well I know the area. It's a good way to stay out of trouble though.

Your only rule with this should be never mix P1 with anything else unless management specifically says do so. If they say to do so and there is no service interruption, tell them that mixing may cause you to have lates.