Three Points of Contact

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They get paid for it alright, the Safety Committee is milking the clock. I actually like these better than the drab ones made up by the company. I have seen several from this Center or one nearby that are well done, they are entertaining to watch and get people's attention. I'm going to suggest we show this in a PCM for something different. The Safety Committee is actually made up because of the National Teamster Contract for those of you that never bother to read it.

Last edited:

formymax

According to the way we are trained, it's 3 points of contact at all times - "2 hands, 1 foot or 2 feet and 1 hand". If you are using one hand on a railing or grab bar and stepping then that is only 2 points of contact. The only one in the video that I saw using 3 points was the feeder driver. In my center all the rest of the video examples would be incorrect. Just sayin - according to UPS methods, that is video is not a good training tool. Lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
According to the way we are trained, it's 3 points of contact at all times - "2 hands, 1 foot or 2 feet and 1 hand". If you are using one hand on a railing or grab bar and stepping then that is only 2 points of contact. The only one in the video that I saw using 3 points was the feeder driver. In my center all the rest of the video examples would be incorrect. Just sayin - according to UPS methods, that is video is not a good training tool. Lol
Actually feeder here takes it very seriously.. it was one of the first things they taught us in feeder school and the reason being you fall back out of a tractor and you could very easily get friend up... I know it has happen here a couple times and drivers were out for months because if it... but many PC drivers will touch the handrail as habit but not really put any weight on it..... it's all for show, and I've seen this over and over when I'm out at different centers bringing them preload trailers....