Throwing the shoe at our president

browniehound

This incident has made me sick to my stomach. Not so much the incident (which is loathsome in itself) but the response to it by president Bush, the secret service, we as Americans, and the Iraqi people in that order.

President Bush was weak in his response and somewhat glib in my opinion. If I had a shoe thrown at me I would be livid. Bush brushed it off and joked about it. This brings me to my next point.

What would Sadamm Husein do to a person that threw a shoe at him? This dirtbag Iraqi journalist has freedom of the press now because of Mr. Bush and he throws a shoe at him? He throws a shoe at the man who liberated his country and allows him to write what he wants instead of writing what he is told to. How can he justify throwing a shoe at a man who saved his ass?

What would happen if he did this to Sadamm Husein? At the very least his family would be killed and he would be put in the would chipper feet first very slowly.

I'm more sick that many Americans applauded the act. I can't believe this! How can you look at yourself in the mirror? He is our president for heavens sake and he was disrespected by a lowlife-dirtbag. You hate Bush so its OK? :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Hate George Bush all you want, but he is still president of USA!! How can you not support him when he takes our country against the world? I know he was/is a bad president but he is still OUR president.

In his defense there have been no terrorist attacks on US soil since 9/11. Mr. Bush has done a great job at preventing terrorism. He also liberated Afganastan and Iraq which were both coutries that harbored terrorists.

I can go on, but I won't. I just can't believe that many Americans were happy our president had a shoe thrown at him!! You make me sick.

I didn't vote for Barack Obama. I may not agree with his policies but he is on MY side against the world. This is why I will stand behind him 100% as my president. Even if he becomes 1000 times worse than our president now I will support and respect him the entire time he is in office.

I am a patriot and who ever is in office comes first before anyone else in the world.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
This incident has made me sick to my stomach. Not so much the incident (which is loathsome in itself) but the response to it by president Bush, the secret service, we as Americans, and the Iraqi people in that order.

President Bush was weak in his response and somewhat glib in my opinion. If I had a shoe thrown at me I would be livid. Bush brushed it off and joked about it. This brings me to my next point.

What would Sadamm Husein do to a person that threw a shoe at him? This dirtbag Iraqi journalist has freedom of the press now because of Mr. Bush and he throws a shoe at him? He throws a shoe at the man who liberated his country and allows him to write what he wants instead of writing what he is told to. How can he justify throwing a shoe at a man who saved his ass?

What would happen if he did this to Sadamm Husein? At the very least his family would be killed and he would be put in the would chipper feet first very slowly.

I'm more sick that many Americans applauded the act. I can't believe this! How can you look at yourself in the mirror? He is our president for heavens sake and he was disrespected by a lowlife-dirtbag. You hate Bush so its OK? :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Hate George Bush all you want, but he is still president of USA!! How can you not support him when he takes our country against the world? I know he was/is a bad president but he is still OUR president.

In his defense there have been no terrorist attacks on US soil since 9/11. Mr. Bush has done a great job at preventing terrorism. He also liberated Afganastan and Iraq which were both coutries that harbored terrorists.

I can go on, but I won't. I just can't believe that many Americans were happy our president had a shoe thrown at him!! You make me sick.

I didn't vote for Barack Obama. I may not agree with his policies but he is on MY side against the world. This is why I will stand behind him 100% as my president. Even if he becomes 1000 times worse than our president now I will support and respect him the entire time he is in office.

I am a patriot and who ever is in office comes first before anyone else in the world.

very well said. i agree. i do not like the (man) George Bush is. but i respect the office of the president. two different things in my book.

It`s not that a shoe was thrown. It was the several second delay before the second shoe came flying. Secret Service should have had a 9mm in the guys skull by then. Then again they didn`t exactly throw themselves in front of the shoe either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In all fairness, I doubt if their training included footwear.

Much has been said above about W being soft in his response. I happen to think that his response was perfect for the situation. He was quick to assess the situation, saw that he was in no danger and allowed his security team to step up and do their jobs (eventually) and then continued the task at hand, later joking about the size of the shoes.
No harm, no foul. I guess the journalist received some jailhouse justice as I read where he had some new bruises when he was brought to his arraignment.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
It`s not that a shoe was thrown. It was the several second delay before the second shoe came flying. Secret Service should have had a 9mm in the guys skull by then. Then again they didn`t exactly throw themselves in front of the shoe either.

i agree completely. even after the second shoe was thrown it took a while for them to react. that guy that came from behind the curtin so slowly. what gives?