Thursday ORION Delusions

FilingBluesFL

So Tuesday I had a "bad ORION day" where I was told I made "bad decisions" and therefore, I was down to a 60% ORION trace, and I had to bring back about 10 pieces to make curfew.

130 stops, 18 pickups, had to go out of trace to take 10 stops off another driver so he could get in with airs, AND had an air meet point.... all while having to make service on businesses, not sheet between 12-1, making it to pickups +/- 15 mins.... etc.

Wednesday morning, I had 3 sup's tell me how horrible I did, and I need to make "good decisions." I felt like I was in Office Space with TPS reports...

So Wednesday, I followed ORION stop for stop, 100%. I even refused to deliver misleads because I was told those were "bad decisions" and I had to make "good decisions" lol

My dispatch was 113 stops and 18 pickups, no meet points, and didn't have to help anyone.

So Thursday morning, I got an almost 100% ORION trace! Amazing!

So the supervisor says "Because he made GOOD decisions, the best in our group is this driver! Near perfect ORION trace, and he was in an hour earlier than the day before!"

So I yell out, "Oh, so when I DON'T have to take stops from someone, and have a 20 stop LESS dispatch, I can get in an hour earlier?!?!?! THAT'S SO CRAZY! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"

"It's all because you made GOOD decisions!"

"I'M TALKIN' ABOUT RISING TO THE TOP!!!!! UNJUSTIFIABLY IN A POSITION I WOULD RATHER NOT BE IIINNNNNNN BUTTTTT THE CREAM RISES TO THE TOP!!!! THE CREEAAAAMMMMM RISES TO THE TOOPPPPPPP YEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH"

So to make @jumpman23 proud of my accomplishment, I started doing this Randy Savage routine lol

I just wish I had stopped at the 7-11 to pick up coffee creamer on my way in like I thought about doing......

THE CREAM RISES TO THE TOP! OOOOOOHHHHH YEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:

FilingBluesFL

I can't wait till I get Orion. I will follow it 100% right off the face of a cliff if need be. I love to work stupid and make 33/50$ to do so.

It's great, but it makes your eye twitch when you drive by a stop, knowing you have stuff for them.... but ORION says no, the house 5 doors down is closer, and you can come back to it in an hour...

It's great, but it makes your eye twitch when you drive by a stop, knowing you have stuff for them.... but ORION says no, the house 5 doors down is closer, and you can come back to it in an hour...
friend ill drive around all day. I had a pick up this week and a driver called in and said I didn't have to go there. I scolded the driver the next day. I said don't call that in. Those are the kinda pickups I like to do. The ones you pick up nothing. He didn't get it. Once you get this mentality you will be better off in this new ups.

FilingBluesFL

friend ill drive around all day. I had a pick up this week and a driver called in and said I didn't have to go there. I scolded the driver the next day. I said don't call that in. Those are the kinda pickups I like to do. The ones you pick up nothing. He didn't get it. Once you get this mentality you will be better off in this new ups.

That's the other amazing thing...

We used to have a route that did this routes pickups, but in the morning, it would also do the deliveries to this whole industrial park.

But now it's separated... different route delivers... then a different route goes back later in the day to do all the pickups...

HOW THE friend DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE????

That's the other amazing thing...

We used to have a route that did this routes pickups, but in the morning, it would also do the deliveries to this whole industrial park.

But now it's separated... different route delivers... then a different route goes back later in the day to do all the pickups...

HOW THE friend DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE????
Become one with the disarray. It just doesn't matter.

ManInBrown

They just began tightening the screws, with regards to Orion trace, in the last week or two at my center. Calling people in the office, threats of warning letters. Should be an interesting next couple weeks.

Borderline 9.5

The other week I had 6 stops for a road that is less than a half mile long. Orion trace had me delivering 2 at 9:30 coming back at 2:30 to deliver 2 more then finishing the street off at the end of my day. Really. I don't think Orion trace is their top priority right now, as always it's backing

FilingBluesFL

The other week I had 6 stops for a road that is less than a half mile long. Orion trace had me delivering 2 at 9:30 coming back at 2:30 to deliver 2 more then finishing the street off at the end of my day. Really. I don't think Orion trace is their top priority right now, as always it's backing

If this street isn't a dead end, then it's a straight shot down to the end, and then a left or right lol

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I can't wait till I get Orion. I will follow it 100% right off the face of a cliff if need be. I love to work stupid and make 33/50$ to do so.
it's a great deal of fun! And the supervisors are angry and frustrated to the point of tears every morning,trying to bully those they can into doing more . We older drivers laugh at the reports,and tell them 'we'll try harder" ,and request 3 days rides so the supervisor can show us what we are doing wrong. The Operation supes would LOVE LOVE LOVE to toss ORION out the window(along with Telematics)
FAR be it from me to question people with an Engineering Degree!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They just began tightening the screws, with regards to Orion trace, in the last week or two at my center. Calling people in the office, threats of warning letters. Should be an interesting next couple weeks.
LAUGH at them .I'm very very serious: LAUGH at them when they threaten discipline,tell you you arent dong your job etc. Follow ORION as close to 100% as you can manage ,and then ask them how you can improve upon that. We have had a wonderful time watching the Operation supes pull their hair out every morning whilst carrying around 100 pages of Reports

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So Tuesday I had a "bad ORION day" where I was told I made "bad decisions" and therefore, I was down to a 60% ORION trace, and I had to bring back about 10 pieces to make curfew.

130 stops, 18 pickups, had to go out of trace to take 10 stops off another driver so he could get in with airs, AND had an air meet point.... all while having to make service on businesses, not sheet between 12-1, making it to pickups +/- 15 mins.... etc.

Wednesday morning, I had 3 sup's tell me how horrible I did, and I need to make "good decisions." I felt like I was in Office Space with TPS reports...

So Wednesday, I followed ORION stop for stop, 100%. I even refused to deliver misleads because I was told those were "bad decisions" and I had to make "good decisions" lol

My dispatch was 113 stops and 18 pickups, no meet points, and didn't have to help anyone.

So Thursday morning, I got an almost 100% ORION trace! Amazing!

So the supervisor says "Because he made GOOD decisions, the best in our group is this driver! Near perfect ORION trace, and he was in an hour earlier than the day before!"

So I yell out, "Oh, so when I DON'T have to take stops from someone, and have a 20 stop LESS dispatch, I can get in an hour earlier?!?!?! THAT'S SO CRAZY! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"

"It's all because you made GOOD decisions!"

"I'M TALKIN' ABOUT RISING TO THE TOP!!!!! UNJUSTIFIABLY IN A POSITION I WOULD RATHER NOT BE IIINNNNNNN BUTTTTT THE CREAM RISES TO THE TOP!!!! THE CREEAAAAMMMMM RISES TO THE TOOPPPPPPP YEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH"

So to make @jumpman23 proud of my accomplishment, I started doing this Randy Savage routine lol

I just wish I had stopped at the 7-11 to pick up coffee creamer on my way in like I thought about doing......

THE CREAM RISES TO THE TOP! OOOOOOHHHHH YEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH

Love it lmfao

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Honestly, Jumpman is one of the reasons I stay current with this board.
I just try to be real and have a good time on here. I don't hate on people on here and don't mess with anybody in a bad way. We all mess with each other on here but its all good at the end of the day lol. :cowboysmile:

BrownArmy

We don't have ORION in my center, yet.

I can't imagine it's going to go down well when it gets implemented...

The DOL/EDD on 70% of the routes in my center is idiotic (I'm pretty sure one route I cover was designed by a driver who wanted to maximize his overtime)

Every thread I've read about ORION says that the team will come and try to optimize the DOL's, etc.

Good luck in my center, the ORION guys will hang themselves.

I have a generally competent and fair management team.

I feel worse for them than I do for me.

Reading all these threads about ORION, all I see is $