Time allowance bump

BrownTexas

For the life of me i can't figure out why people go out and kill themselves on a route. I get the whole i have a family or i have kids. UPS is the worst job to have when it comes to family time. It is what it is. You killing yourself will only allow them to put more work on you when you show them you can get done with what you have. I'm not saying you need to slack off, just work steady and safely. Killing yourself will get you hurt, or in an accident. Why can people not grasp this.

Totally agree. Especially when u are on a route at first. Do the route right, following all methods and taking your hour break.

dniebster

PARCEL JOCKEY
Just won my first route after 6 years covering. It is 90% apartments and though I know that signatures increase your time allowance I have to kill myself to get down to scratch on this route. I need to know if there's anything that I can do to give myself a few extra seconds per stop... such as using the "Fl" field to indicate that I'm climbing 3 floors or something?!?
Do not be concerned about scratching my friend. Get off that route when possible, apt's suck. If you plan to make a career at ups , learn to pace yourself take all your brakes use methods ( D O K ).

Ouch

If a sup gets stuck wih a route they show on the OR, always.
The reason sups always scratch and the reason you do better on a ride is because the code they put in the board. If your code is 06 when you get a ride the code will be different which gives you a great time allowance. Think I'm lying? Next time you get a ride go in the board and change it to an 06 and see what happens? They will all be scratching their heads trying to figure out what happened. They will ride with you again. Don't change the code and I guarantee you will come in scratch. You can only get away with this about 1 time till they catch it and change the code and reprint the sheet.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
I don't play the numbers game at all anymore! I have one day where I ran 12 sph and was under then another day where I was 18.50 sph & was more than an hour over! Sup with that? I also discovered that they count our sort and load and our paid breaks against our on road time!
I refuse to play their game anymore.