Time allowance & ORIAN

scottneedsthis

After losing way too much time when IE used Google maps a few years ago instead of a physical time study I put myself on 9.5 list for 1st time after 26 years on my route. I found out why when ORIAN IE team came in & showed me on the computer how they compute the time allowance for the distance from street to delivery point. Supervisor showed me where I "park", in a place I never had parked, showed me a straight line "walk path" from the street over a fence, up an embankment, to indicate distance used for my time allowance. Ridiculous! When I pointed out on map the actual longer walk path, he got defensive & said, "it's only seconds" lol! How many of us have been criticized for "seconds" wasted? Multiply this by 150+ stops, & it adds up! I hope all you drivers hit stop complete at the delivery point, because IE is collecting data on the distance from truck to point of delivery, according to what IE supervisors told me. Supposedly, we're getting new time allowances based on ORIAN. We'll lose time again, I'm sure. Oh, I run 90%+ on ORIAN (except in December)& always go over expected miles & I waste time digging thru my load to follow ORIAN.

Back first

I asked Orion Sup. why the system can't put the stops in sequence order in car, rather than jumping from the 2000 sec. To the 7000 sec. He had no answer. It would make a lot more sense.