Time allowance!

Can I request a copy of the time allowances for my route? When I picked this route and my sup rode with me he told me to leave packages at these condo's. A few driver follow ups later, loss prevention reviewed with me that I was to get a signature for these stops. I was also informed that in a secured apartment complex if there is a negative drive follow up then the whole building must now get a signature. Talked to management about this and was told you get an allowance for signatures. My work days have gotten a lot longer. I keep telling myself that the extra time is just paying for my 401, but money ain't everything, I want to see my kids before they go to bed.

stink219

Time allowance is their issue not yours.
Article 37 and 6.
37= A fair days work for a fair days pay.
6= No extra contractual agreements.

Cliffs notes version=
"Drive truck, get check!"

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Two weeks ago I had 16 hours OT. Got sick of working the peak hours in the summer and filed an excess hours grievance before I went on vacation. So far this week I only have 1.5 hours OT. Now I walk in the door between 5 and 6pm and the wife asks if I still have a job. Will have to see how long this lasts.

Indecisi0n

Two weeks ago I had 16 hours OT. Got sick of working the peak hours in the summer and filed an excess hours grievance before I went on vacation. So far this week I only have 1.5 hours OT. Now I walk in the door between 5 and 6pm and the wife asks if I still have a job. Will have to see how long this lasts.

​Even with my 9.5 they still keep me out late but guess what? They pay out the ass for it.

Johney

Can I request a copy of the time allowances for my route? When I picked this route and my sup rode with me he told me to leave packages at these condo's. A few driver follow ups later, loss prevention reviewed with me that I was to get a signature for these stops. I was also informed that in a secured apartment complex if there is a negative drive follow up then the whole building must now get a signature. Talked to management about this and was told you get an allowance for signatures. My work days have gotten a lot longer. I keep telling myself that the extra time is just paying for my 401, but money ain't everything, I want to see my kids before they go to bed.
Of course they want you to DR everything you do get more time for a signature more signatures less SPORH. We all know SPORH is what it's all about now. LP could care less about SPORH I would imagine and more concerned with where you(we) leave stuff.

OPTION3

File a 9.5 grievance. What in the world does time allowance have to do with anything?

I once heard an "old time" driver say if he managed a center he would post the "numbers" and the first 5 people that looked at them or mentioned them he would FIRE. He said you would get rid of half your problems right off the bat.--lol

Indecisi0n

I once heard an "old time" driver say if he managed a center he would post the "numbers" and the first 5 people that looked at them or mentioned them he would FIRE. He said you would get rid of half your problems right off the bat.--lol

That's very interesting.

stink219

The second you start asking, wondering or worrying about their numbers, you lose.
Agreed. We are our own worst enemy when drivers validate "the numbers" by looking at lists, asking how they did, what their paid over was. We need to spread the word to have ignorance to "the numbers" but an adherence to "personal safety". If they want better numbers, change the computer to allow me more time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I roll up to every residential with my diad and if their home i get them to sign for package. I figure every little bit can help. If their not going to play by the rules neither am i. If im bulked out with over 70s down the middle and jammed up and cant move ill go get that stuff off first. They want us to work safe well guess what your wish is my command lol. If they put airs on me that day, that arent supposed to be on me because the idiot dispatchers dont know how to separate them for the dispatch, guess what ill run them first to make service on them. Again your wish is my command lol. See you can help your numbers since they cheat lol. Just remember you can bend the rules boys but you cant break them just remember that lol.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Agreed. We are our own worst enemy when drivers validate "the numbers" by looking at lists, asking how they did, what their paid over was. We need to spread the word to have ignorance to "the numbers" but an adherence to "personal safety". If they want better numbers, change the computer to allow me more time.
It drives my On Car absolutely nuts that i never ask about my numbers in the morning ,and when he tries to engage me over them I ask him'what did i do wrong?".
he also loves it when i spread my arms and tell him I give him my FULL permission to make those numbers look Any Way He Wants them to!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I laugh every morning when the same group of guys are bitching about having too much work and are getting "screwed" yet don't have the balls to file a 9.5.

U know I'm a very non confrontational person and I feel like filing a grievance is the perfect avenue for me.

U don't have to get into it with anyone or bitch and moan. Just fill out a paper and hand it to a steward.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
U know I'm a very non confrontational person and I feel like filing a grievance is the perfect avenue for me.

U don't have to get into it with anyone or bitch and moan. Just fill out a paper and hand it to a steward.
I was told by my steward, when I file they know they screwed up.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
my supe was like i need you to be at least an hour under. I was like i can hook you up, he was like really. I said yeah im a go down n talk to the dispatcher and tell him to yank 25 to 30 stops off and i walked away. Look on his face PRICELESS LOL.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
my supe was like i need you to be at least an hour under. I was like i can hook you up, he was like really. I said yeah im a go down n talk to the dispatcher and tell him to yank 25 to 30 stops off and i walked away. Look on his face PRICELESS LOL.

I had a sup ask me if I was going to be under 9.5 before I even walked in the building. I said are u serious? Yeah you should be pretty light today. I said I'm just getting to work. His look was like yeah ok I'm a :censored2:.