Time and a half or double time?

I work the preload. We started this past week at 11:00 pm Sunday night. Worked the week at whatever the posted hours were, then we had a mandatory Saturday sort. Technically that would be 7 straight work days, do we get time and a half or double time for Saturday?

PT Car Washer

I work the preload. We started this past week at 11:00 pm Sunday night. Worked the week at whatever the posted hours were, then we had a mandatory Saturday sort. Technically that would be 7 straight work days, do we get time and a half or double time for Saturday?
Time and a half for your 6th day and double time for your 7th. The company will try and say that just because you started an hour before Monday, you technically did not work Sunday.

km3

Time and a half for your 6th day and double time for your 7th. The company will try and say that just because you started an hour before Monday, you technically did not work Sunday.

Which would be true where I'm at. I come in for either Noonday or the Sunday Twilight sort to get my first punch, which is what OP needs to do. Then I come back at 11 Sunday night to start Monday Preload.

herbigharo32

It is important to NEVER clock in before midnight during peak when running volume all 7 days of a work week. I just come to work after midnight. If you clock in before 12 AM Sunday morning, your timesheet will not close out from previous week until you clock out for last time on Sunday thus eliminating the 6th or 7th punch. Moreover, clocking in before 12 AM will cancel overtime pay after 5 hours. For example, if you worked 6.5 hours on Saturday morning then clock in at 10:30 PM, you will get only 8 hours of straight time, no overtime pay.