Time Card being tampered with!

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
I just checked my paycheck for last week on UPSERS and noticed it was 6 mins short. I know FOR CERTAIN what my total hours were last week because I've been keeping track of them since I noticed a discrepancy in my check before.

The PT sups have been under the gun lately about keeping their hours down, that's why I believe they would adjust it by such a small amount, so as to get the hours below a level that would raise a red flag.

I'm filing a grievance right, and I'll be speaking with my shift and building managers tomorrow, but I'm wondering what sort of penalties UPS is responsible for because of such an action.

I'm just completely furious right now.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
haha It's not to do with the money if you don't know the answer don't respond and especially don't be a :censored2: bag just STFU and let someone who doesn't their head up their ass answer.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I just checked my paycheck for last week on UPSERS and noticed it was 6 mins short. I know FOR CERTAIN what my total hours were last week because I've been keeping track of them since I noticed a discrepancy in my check before.

The PT sups have been under the gun lately about keeping their hours down, that's why I believe they would adjust it by such a small amount, so as to get the hours below a level that would raise a red flag.
Been going on forever and has been going on more and more in recent years

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Kudos to you for keeping track of your time. Mistakes can happen. Sometimes by mistake, and sometimes not. Be sure and not say anything if the mistake is in your favor.:wink2:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Dave that was douchy. PTers make nothing and every penny earned at UPS is just that--earned.
For the OP: What Dave meant to say was: You have a contractual right to review your timecard. Go to your full time sup with a steward and ask to review last week's records.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
but I'm wondering what sort of penalties UPS is responsible for because of such an action.

I'm just completely furious right now.
Nothing. Corporate even knows it is going on. The only penalties are for getting caught. Some are transferred, some are fired, some nothing happens to. But at least it usually stops once they get caught.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You do know your punch in time and start time aren't always the same right? If your report time is 545 and you show up at 543 you don't get paid for those 2 minutes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

kingOFchester

Dave,

You may be correct about it being a math issue. However, I know when I worked preload, shaving a few minutes off of many pre loaders was a regular occurrence. Multiply that by X amount of employees and UPS save a ton by stealing a ton.

Shameful if this practice is still happening behind the brown curtain.

kingOFchester

You do know your punch in time and start time aren't always the same right? If your report time is 545 and you show up at 543 you don't get paid for those 2 minutes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

And this is how my center would save mega bucks on the preload. They had start times that differed from Monday to the rest of the week. 4:45 Monday, 4:30 the rest of the week. Funny thing the time clock (actually a computer) would always have it as a 4:45. Unfortunately, most PT's had no clue. Every week for months I had to have them manually change my timecard once I caught on.

How long would it take them to fix the issue if I was being over paid four days a week?

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I realize that it is not the dollar and that it is the principle but I still find it comical that everyone involved will spend at least an hour dealing with this.