Time card viewer showing wrong punch in time

UPSer_BC

I’ve been working as a full time package driver for about 80 days now..was hired in Aug 2020. When I started my SUP told me to punch in for 10am and I have been ever since. However, I usually get to work before 9:30 and start loading my van around 9:30...shouldn’t I be able to punch in and get paid for 9:30 start time instead of 10? The other drivers there get paid from the time they punch in til the time they punch out...Please help or instruct me what to do with DIAD so it works properly! Thanks!

JustDeliverIt

So what about the other drivers that are getting paid from the time they punch in which is usually before 9:30?

Are you sure they are getting paid? Just cause they tell you they are doesn't mean they are. Show up whenever you want but don't grab your board before 9:50 to punch in and don't touch a package to load your truck until 10. If supe says anything just tell him/her you will begin working at 10 when you get paid. They want you to start earlier than they need to adjust your start time. They will let you work for free for as long as they can though and never say a word about it.

Cloud

Your punchin time will be the designated start time, you are just working for free before then. Don't fall for the "come in early to setup" because you will always get screwed this way.

WannaBeFeeder

I’ve been working as a full time package driver for about 80 days now..was hired in Aug 2020. When I started my SUP told me to punch in for 10am and I have been ever since. However, I usually get to work before 9:30 and start loading my van around 9:30...shouldn’t I be able to punch in and get paid for 9:30 start time instead of 10? The other drivers there get paid from the time they punch in til the time they punch out...Please help or instruct me what to do with DIAD so it works properly! Thanks!
Come in at 10

onewithedd

I always tell them if you work off the clock and get injured, you are on your own, the company will not have your back! I use the example “if a big chunk of metal fell out on your foot and crushed it, your out of a job!! And your own medical expenses”.

Up In Smoke

Start times for all seniority employees must be posted weekly. Find it and your questions will be answered.

ouanling

change the time in your diad. You work = you punch in.

still remembrer the girl at intergrad telling us she would get in 45mins earlier than the time she'd punch in.. jesus.. thats why big corps are so powerful now, everyone's a :censored2:.

ouanling

Do not change the start time in your diad without having a good reason and consulting a supervisor. You can’t just start your day whenever you feel like it.
my loader has been there 1 year and still can't organize more than 15 stops. I HAVE to get in early to reorganize the whole car. Takes me usually 15 to 20mins just to be able to walk around, then i gotta organize stuff by area.

Even with good loaders, most of our depot leaves 45 to 60mins after start time.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
my loader has been there 1 year and still can't organize more than 15 stops. I HAVE to get in early to reorganize the whole car. Takes me usually 15 to 20mins just to be able to walk around, then i gotta organize stuff by area.

That is the case where I am as well but if you want to work preload there is a signup sheet that goes by seniority.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Wtf’s a depot
Train station, building supply or what

JustDeliverIt

Doesn't matter how much work is outside the truck or how poorly organized it is inside it, don't touch a package until your getting paid to. Don't change the start time in your board unless a supervisor approves it. You get paid by the minute and if you leave late it's on them. At 10, organize your truck like you want to but don't touch anything until you're getting paid to. They will get the hint and change your start time but you have to hold firm. They will always do nothing as long as you continue to work for free.

UPSer_BC

I’ve tried changing time in diad to 9:30 a few times and it still shows up as 10am start on my timecard so it must be preprogrammed at the back end lol. The :censored2:ty thing is if i come late, say just before 10 most of the good cargo vans with working backup cameras and tank with more than half gas are already taken by other drivers...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I always tell them if you work off the clock and get injured, you are on your own, the company will not have your back! I use the example “if a big chunk of metal fell out on your foot and crushed it, your out of a job!! And your own medical expenses”.
That is not true at all but yes no one should work for free

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’ve tried changing time in diad to 9:30 a few times and it still shows up as 10am start on my timecard so it must be preprogrammed at the back end lol. The *ty thing is if i come late, say just before 10 most of the good cargo vans with working backup cameras and tank with more than half gas are already taken by other drivers...
so do you guys have driver preload? Like you all load your own vehicles?