Time Commitments

cosis

We have been straight lining for a few weeks. We can’t make service because we don’t leave the building until after 10:30. Plane late everyday and increase volume makes the sort longer.

AB831

We have been straight lining for a few weeks. We can’t make service because we don’t leave the building until after 10:30. Plane late everyday and increase volume makes the sort longer.
Holy hell. 1030? Is your station in the middle of Alaska or something? I know all about Fat Freddie’s famous late freight, but good lord.

Damon77

They've implemented it here as well. It seemed like a great idea at the time, but now it just means if you are maxed out on P1 that a month ago would have been 1030, you've got "plenty of time" to run businesses 1st and resi's 2nd. Now, those P2 stops that are way above normal aren't getting started til 1200-1300, depending on if they're allowing 30 min breaks at your station. If you care about SOS, you're cycling the whole day.

If there's ever an end to this Covid Surge, I think it's great. Until then, it's basically just more OT.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They've implemented it here as well. It seemed like a great idea at the time, but now it just means if you are maxed out on P1 that a month ago would have been 1030, you've got "plenty of time" to run businesses 1st and resi's 2nd. Now, those P2 stops that are way above normal aren't getting started til 1200-1300, depending on if they're allowing 30 min breaks at your station. If you care about SOS, you're cycling the whole day.

If there's ever an end to this Covid Surge, I think it's great. Until then, it's basically just more OT.
I had to run my route four times today. It sucked!

AB831

Thank God my route is all residential. I take my break during the sort/on the way to route, fly through my P1, get done by about 1030, then get cracking on the P2. I’ve been getting off at 4 which is much later than I like, but that’s way better than 7-8 like a lot of people.

AB831

People do this?! Smh
I do it every day. At this stage of life, time is a more valuable currency to me than money. I simply don't have time to sit in a parking lot unpaid for an hour of my day. I want my 38-40 hours and then to call it a week. I've been getting 41-42 during this crunch which i'm not crazy about, but it's doable.

Damon77

I do it every day. At this stage of life, time is a more valuable currency to me than money. I simply don't have time to sit in a parking lot unpaid for an hour of my day. I want my 38-40 hours and then to call it a week. I've been getting 41-42 during this crunch which i'm not crazy about, but it's doable.

You might as well take 80 bucks in cash and slam it down on your managers desk every Friday. Stop giving FedEx free money. Your time is valuable. It's your only commodity. All you've done is create a false bottom for the next guy who has to run your route.

cosis

Holy hell. 1030? Is your station in the middle of Alaska or something? I know all about Fat Freddie’s famous late freight, but good lord.

Tourist area in SC, we seem to fly low on the radar.

P1 part time routes collapsed and given to full timers to straight line. Part timers help with overflow on heavy routes. Part timers working long hours.

AB831

Ok, you keep giving a multi billion dollar company free labour. I'm sure that half hour you're giving them really makes a difference in your day.

You bitch about management and dra yet you don't realize you're your own worst enemy.
What’s it to you what I choose to do with my time? I don’t live for this job. I’m a full time college student with friends and family who I want to spend time with, and I work out every day. If you don’t have any responsibilities or obligations other than cardboard, that’s great for you. I don’t have that luxury, so I do what I need to do to have a work/life balance that I feel is appropriate.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Thank God my route is all residential. I take my break during the sort/on the way to route, fly through my P1, get done by about 1030, then get cracking on the P2. I’ve been getting off at 4 which is much later than I like, but that’s way better than 7-8 like a lot of people.
Do you know if you have an accident while driving and you’re on your break, technically, you’re not on the clock and that could be a huge problem for you if Fedex chooses it to be?

dezguy

What’s it to you what I choose to do with my time? I don’t live for this job. I’m a full time college student with friends and family who I want to spend time with, and I work out every day. If you don’t have any responsibilities or obligations other than cardboard, that’s great for you. I don’t have that luxury, so I do what I need to do to have a work/life balance that I feel is appropriate.
You're a full time student with a life and FedEx isn't your end game. Great for you, really, I mean that sincerely but what about the guy who replaces you when you leave for greener pastures? Now he/she has boosted expectations because you decided to work at FedEx for free, every day.

Do what you want, you may think you're gaming the system but I stand by my original comment. Maybe when you're older you'll realize that.