Time off

Bigd23

I've been at ups part time for 3 years and became full time a couple months ago. Now for vacation, sick and option days do I get 40 hour's because last week my time card said 2 weeks vacation, 40 hours sick time and 24 hours option time. Now this week my time card says 2 weeks vacation, 20 hours sick days and 12 hours option days. I don't know if it's because I'm basically "starting over" that I have to wait a year to get full time vacation hours or once you are full time you do get full time hours. I'm in New England

ManInBrown

It’s been a long time since I’ve heard this question but I’m pretty sure you have to wait one year to get FT entitlements. I could be wrong if I am someone correct me. I think it’s the following year after becoming FT.

I've been at ups part time for 3 years and became full time a couple months ago. Now for vacation, sick and option days do I get 40 hour's because last week my time card said 2 weeks vacation, 40 hours sick time and 24 hours option time. Now this week my time card says 2 weeks vacation, 20 hours sick days and 12 hours option days. I don't know if it's because I'm basically "starting over" that I have to wait a year to get full time vacation hours or once you are full time you do get full time hours. I'm in New England
What supplement are you under? This is very localized.

New England, local 25
If I read this correctly, you will be paid out for all accrued time and I would presume start anew from your new seniority date.

Screenshot_20230507_170223_Drive.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm roughly 2,600 miles away from you, and I have no contacts to reference any anecdotal support

Disclaimer II: I started drinking six hours ago, so I'm not 100% sure you got my best effort.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Under the Central…You start accruing vacation weeks after the completion of your first year as a full timer, you do carry over your Option Week.
So you get only one week vacation and maybe your option days (2). After that it goes back to your original seniority date listed in the supplement .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Did you happen to get an extra check this week ?
Unused sick & option days are paid out on May 1st.
It used to be that if one was going to carry over days into the next year ( after May 1st ), one had to notify UPS before April 1st.
{ The IRS considers these days as gifts, thus they are taxed at a higher rate }

ManInBrown

Did you happen to get an extra check this week ?
Unused sick & option days are paid out on May 1st.
It used to be that if one was going to carry over days into the next year ( after May 1st ), one had to notify UPS before April 1st.
{ The IRS considers these days as gifts, thus they are taxed at a higher rate }
I made the mistake one year of not using all my sick days. When I got paid out I was livid. Taxed at like 50%, never again. To this day I still don’t know how I didn’t use all my days. We get six here and they are usually exhausted by Jan

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
In some locals they also have a tidbit of language for offering the vacations as a fill-in for open spots with some even going so far as to say something along the lines of "shall not be unreasonably withheld" in which case if you throw a big enough of a fit you might still get them.