Time to Roll!

Hello! Just got my uniform and now it is time to rock. This job is so different from anything I have done that I am looking forward to being a Driver's Helper for the Xmas season. So, with UPS picking up Amazon does this mean more drivers positions opening up? Would like a FT job and I am tired of selling stuff. Been doing that for the last 30 years. UPS looks like a good career move for a high energy guy like me. Just sayin'. So what's the consensus out there? A good place to work?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Great company to work for. Just ran like poop. Good pay,good benefits, and retirement. Just be ready to work a lot of hours and never see your family. And constant nitpicking and harassment over stuff you have no control over.

So there will be nothing new from my old job. LOL Thanks for the heads up.

Great company to work for. Just ran like poop. Good pay,good benefits, and retirement. Just be ready to work a lot of hours and never see your family. And constant nitpicking and harassment over stuff you have no control over.

Naw, heard it in orientation today. I am in FL. There is a new Amazon distribution center going in here. Our group was told we will be held over until January 15th to accommodate Amazon.

MrGoodKatt

USPS got Amazon on Sunday deliveries. But that's only in the big cities.

Driver helping is fun and constant moving. I'm driver helping and doing package handler at night. Sucks ass and I'm ready for it to be over.

Nimnim

The Nim
Naw, heard it in orientation today. I am in FL. There is a new Amazon distribution center going in here. Our group was told we will be held over until January 15th to accommodate Amazon.

Actually Florida got 2 amazon warehouses, both central Florida, Lakeland and Tampa areas if I recall correctly, unless you're in a facility near those you likely won't see any changes. Here in Orlando we get a bunch of trailers from Amazon no matter what, but we're far enough away from the new facilities we will see some new volume but nothing substantial.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
USPS got Amazon on Sunday deliveries. But that's only in the big cities.

Driver helping is fun and constant moving. I'm driver helping and doing package handler at night. Sucks ass and I'm ready for it to be over.
You aint seen nothing yet son. Going to be worst xmas ever because of the 17 days this year and the 5 to 10% increase in volume. Going to be bad and yup im punching them in the nutts every night til 10 or 11

Actually Florida got 2 amazon warehouses, both central Florida, Lakeland and Tampa areas if I recall correctly, unless you're in a facility near those you likely won't see any changes. Here in Orlando we get a bunch of trailers from Amazon no matter what, but we're far enough away from the new facilities we will see some new volume but nothing substantial.

Are you out of the airport location or Longwood? Yes, have heard of both locations for Amazon. I am out of
Leesburg but STILL have not had a day of work or on-hands training. Going on second week. If this is what happens year round then I understand the high turnover from new hires. Not so much as a ride along to get feet wet yet for me. Our HR person was super sweet and continued to urge us all to "be ready" when we called in every day. BTDT -no workie. Argh.

n

Nimnim

The Nim
Are you out of the airport location or Longwood? Yes, have heard of both locations for Amazon. I am out of
Leesburg but STILL have not had a day of work or on-hands training. Going on second week. If this is what happens year round then I understand the high turnover from new hires. Not so much as a ride along to get feet wet yet for me. Our HR person was super sweet and continued to urge us all to "be ready" when we called in every day. BTDT -no workie. Argh.

I work in the Orlando hub, which is close to OIA so we handle the air volume from it, Longwood is where I receive any packages delivered to me though. Kinda annoying the place I work at is closer than the place I get my packages from but logistics and all that.