Time to vote on the Ohio Rider again

image.jpg

Stonefish

How are you voting?
I will vote yes. In my opinion there is too much to lose by not getting this ratified at this point. The healthcare issue and some of the others out there were ratified in the National Master and the Central. Any language that could/would be put in the Ohio Rider can't change that regardless of what others think or say.
What is disappointing is the name calling and people being mad at each other for their opinions. No one is a crybaby because they vote no and they are a suckass for voting yes. It's a democratic process and whenever it gets ratified we should all move on.

C

chuchu

I will vote yes. In my opinion there is too much to lose by not getting this ratified at this point. The healthcare issue and some of the others out there were ratified in the National Master and the Central. Any language that could/would be put in the Ohio Rider can't change that regardless of what others think or say.
What is disappointing is the name calling and people being mad at each other for their opinions. No one is a crybaby because they vote no and they are a suckass for voting yes. It's a democratic process and whenever it gets ratified we should all move on.
And some of the name calling came from BAs towards members right here in Ohio.
And I remember that happening on this forum in the last two weeks.

We all want to get past it, the No and Yes voters alike. We will all have a vote (unless they screw that up again) and I'm sure that when this is ratified there will be slates presented that will root out the good ol boys club where possible.

We all want to get past it, the No and Yes voters alike. We will all have a vote (unless they screw that up again) and I'm sure that when this is ratified there will be slates presented that will root out the good ol boys club where possible.
No matter what I'm privileged to be a proud teamster.

rpoz11

Man, what is with your BA's doing that?
Our BA's intimidate us as well.
Their job is to deliver the result of their members.
By coercing the knowledge base, it just makes us less and less respect nor trust our union leadership.
Ive uncovered quite a few truths that strike the knowledge base that the locals are driving down our throats.
Its one thing to mislead the members;
Its quite another thing to attempt to manipulate the outcome via intimidation.

C

chuchu

By coercing the knowledge base, it just makes us less and less respect nor trust our union leadership.
Ive uncovered quite a few truths that strike the knowledge base that the locals are driving down our throats.
Not our BA. Two other BAs that blasted members. "Over paid crybabies" and the easily spewed "TDU" labeling.

In the big scheme of life it doesn't mean anything. Just frustrated people losing the control they falsely believed they had over supposed sheep.

Inthegame

And how can a BA intimidate or "manipulate" your vote when you do it in the privacy of your home?

C

chuchu

Not our BA. Two other BAs that blasted members. "Over paid crybabies" and the easily spewed "TDU" labeling.

In the big scheme of life it doesn't mean anything. Just frustrated people losing the control they falsely believed they had over supposed sheep.
I mean dumb sheep.

No, Stonefish, that doesn't mean ewe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stonefish

And how can a BA intimidate or "manipulate" your vote when you do it in the privacy of your home?
Here is how. They had BA's and IBT Rep's going to all 250,000 homes of the voters and sat at their kitchen tables and intimidated every last one of them until they voted the way they wanted them to. Then they stood over all 250,000 members until they mailed them back in. The only problem is the intimidation didn't seem to work twice in Ohio, Louisville, 623 or Philly.
Sorry it didn't really happen I'm just being funny. It's hard to intimidate someone at their table.

C

chuchu

Here is how. They had BA's and IBT Rep's going to all 250,000 homes of the voters and sat at their kitchen tables and intimidated every last one of them until they voted the way they wanted them to. Then they stood over all 250,000 members until they mailed them back in. The only problem is the intimidation didn't seem to work twice in Ohio, Louisville, 623 or Philly.
Sorry it didn't really happen I'm just being funny. It's hard to intimidate someone at their table.
Depends on if your toast is burnt or not.