Timecard off, steward advice or grievance?

KevinWhipaloo

I work in the hub, non-seasonal employee, making $21 an hour on preload.

I worked as a helper one day this week, but my pay says $15 for that time.

Another instance is when I double shifted. I have a paper timecard on which the start time and ended on their shift/area before going to my normal shift/area. The start time and end time for that day is way off, missing 6+ hours.

I have pictures of proof for all the above, time card for the helper and start and end times of my double shift when I punched in. Is this an easy fix?

542thruNthru

I work in the hub, non-seasonal employee, making $21 an hour on preload.

I worked as a helper one day this week, but my pay says $15 for that time.

Another instance is when I double shifted. I have a paper timecard on which the start time and ended on their shift/area before going to my normal shift/area. The start time and end time for that day is way off, missing 6+ hours.

I have pictures of proof for all the above, time card for the helper and start and end times of my double shift when I punched in. Is this an easy fix?
Here you don't get paid your inside rate when being a helper. You get helper rate.

If you're missing 6+ hours than inform management. If they don't correct it and get you a check in 2 days file a grievance.

DriverNerd

Also, what shift did you double shift? Remember preload is considered the next day and times can get confusing for those that double midnight/preload.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was told it would be the same rate

I got tricked into being a helper once when I was still part time. I was expecting my inside rate at OT, as I was told, which made it worth it to take time off my full time gig. What I got was minimum wage at straight time. It cost me over $100 to help out management. I told them to never ask me to be a helper again.