Timecard Viewer Question (New Employee)

JerryCCG

I recently started a new job at UPS as a preloader/package handler, loading the trailers with all the boxes and goods. Anyway I since day 1 have recorded my hours worked within 5 minutes or so, on my first week of my timecard viewer I noticed all days were slightly off probably slightly less than an hour, I chalked it up to whatever maybe my times were a bit off not a big deal. However on my 2nd week of my timecard veiwer I noticed every single start time is off, I'm generally AT MOST 2-5 minutes late for work close to everyday, bad habits. But on my timecard viewer it is showing me starting 15 minutes late everyday, and 18 minutes with a "marked as late" one day... Am I missing something here or am I getting screwed on my start time everyday and need to talk to someone? Lastly I have an meal/unpaid of 0.25 one day in which I definitely have not taken a break.

All of my clock-out times recorded personally and on the timecard viewer are all right (within 2 minutes which is fine and my time probably just being slightly off)

Thanks, any help and understanding would be appreciated!

Porknado

Many companies round payroll up/down in 15 minute increments. For example, given a start time of 0800, if you clock in at 0755 it rounds to 0800, 0805 gets rounded to 0815 and so on.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I recently started a new job at UPS as a preloader/package handler, loading the trailers with all the boxes and goods. Anyway I since day 1 have recorded my hours worked within 5 minutes or so, on my first week of my timecard viewer I noticed all days were slightly off probably slightly less than an hour, I chalked it up to whatever maybe my times were a bit off not a big deal. However on my 2nd week of my timecard veiwer I noticed every single start time is off, I'm generally AT MOST 2-5 minutes late for work close to everyday, bad habits. But on my timecard viewer it is showing me starting 15 minutes late everyday, and 18 minutes with a "marked as late" one day... Am I missing something here or am I getting screwed on my start time everyday and need to talk to someone? Lastly I have an meal/unpaid of 0.25 one day in which I definitely have not taken a break.

All of my clock-out times recorded personally and on the timecard viewer are all right (within 2 minutes which is fine and my time probably just being slightly off)

Late daily? Momma or Pappa never were firm on the whole discipline-personal responsibility thing?

innCDft3lGE3.gif

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

If you can type all of that...

You can get to work a few minutes early to ensure an on time punch.

Good luck in the future.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Tell mom to wake you up earlier

JerryCCG

it doesnt. That's the sup being an ass.
it doesnt. That's the sup being an ass.
Thanks for the response. Alot of keyboard warriors on this forum from the other lads eh lol.

I may of exaggerated being late EVERYDAY 2-5 minutes but again me swiping my card at 801 or 802 shouldn't justify my start time being jacked up 15 minutes when I'm working 9 hour shifts as a part time employee with 0 breaks and constantly staying late whenever asked during these busy holiday times.

Anywho thanks everyone for your input lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Thanks for the response. Alot of keyboard warriors on this forum from the other lads eh lol.

I may of exaggerated being late EVERYDAY 2-5 minutes but again me swiping my card at 801 or 802 shouldn't justify my start time being jacked up 15 minutes when I'm working 9 hour shifts as a part time employee with 0 breaks and constantly staying late whenever asked during these busy holiday times.

Anywho thanks everyone for your input lol.
Why the habitual tardiness?

JerryCCG

Why the habitual tardiness?
Well regardless what I say it'll get reversed lol, but here we go anyway, my first week i was on time all 6 days i worked, showed up 10-15 minutes early a few times (unpaid mind you, which no issue don't mind coming in early to help when asked) when the supervisor asked even no problem. Week 2 and 3 of the 12 days worked i was late a few minutes again at most maybe 6 of those days, which is 50% so obviously not good. And not to make excuses my cars been having lots of trouble recently and been a guessing game of its going to start from one morning to the next so thats set me behind a few days and then not expecting the parking lot to be absolutely stuffed full a few other days add up to my 6 late days. Obviously leaving a few minutes early would solve each problem especially with the car, the parking lot issue i was just unaware of.

Anyway ill make sure I'm early so I can not get paid to be there instead of being late and having my working time being taken off my timecard, cause its not like I dont start working the second my timecard is swipped.