Tipping...

Jondlc

So Im about a month and a half in and wanted to get something clear. Are we allowed/should we take tips from customers? Im including xmas tips w/this question.

Last week while I was delivering a really large and heavy fcking package, a lady, whom was receiving the package, opened the door and asked me if I could please slide it into her living room. I kindly obliged and slid it and walked away. She ran behind me with money in her hand saying thank you and I refused it. I said it was fine and left.

Today I was delivering an Air at another address and I guess this lady was so happy to receive this particular package so early that she screamed from her window "please don't leave! I would like to give you some money" for which I screamed back "its not a problem, dont worry about it".

I've been refusing the tips because I don't know if we should take money from people like that. Are we ok to receive tips from customers? I also feel weird taking it.

KOG72

I’m full of it
There's nothing wrong with accepting a tip happens all the time,just them acknowledging you for doing a good job.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I always politely decline once but if they push back I take it. Except at Christmas time. I accept it right away at Christmas time with a "you don't have to do that" with my hands already clenching said tip/gift.

jaker

trolling
Just take it but don't get mad if get jip , meaning you do something or wait and they only give you a dollar

That's why it's easier to turn down because you will never know

Keenj

I got some pretty generous tips during peak. One of my customers owns a liquor store and he gave several bottles of high end booze. I don't drink so I regifted them to family that did.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Refuse them , but but but...

Tell them to tip the Fedex ground ~HD drivers since we don't get paid by the hour or OT or benefits ! send em my wayz,yo !

PS, to the local brownies on my route, leave the leftover Halloween candies for me too ! i need to have enough snacks to last me until thanksgiving, because eating pinecones and acorns on my route is getting old