Tips and techniques for defending a driver at panel.....

badsporh

He who is not with us, is against us.
A driver is going to panel in two weeks.....this is the situation

He was OJS'd and received a lock in SPOHR after the 3 day ride

Over the next 12 working days he failed to average the lock in SPOHR

On the 13th day he received a one day "blended" safety and follow up OJS ride as result of a minor accident on route and his failure to make his number over the previous 12 business days

The next day he was discharged twice. Once for repeat methodical infractions (lack of smooth car routine, failure to move out without delay, too much time behind bulk head door, failure to work within a 30 inch selection area, and failure to plan ahead) and once for failure to work unsupervised as supervised.

What are some of the best and most effective ways of defending this at panel?

Overpaid Union Thug

A driver is going to panel in two weeks.....this is the situation

He was OJS'd and received a lock in SPOHR after the 3 day ride

Over the next 12 working days he failed to average the lock in SPOHR

On the 13th day he received a one day "blended" safety and follow up OJS ride as result of a minor accident on route and his failure to make his number over the previous 12 business days

The next day he was discharged twice. Once for repeat methodical infractions (lack of smooth car routine, failure to move out without delay, too much time behind bulk head door, failure to work within a 30 inch selection area, and failure to plan ahead) and once for failure to work unsupervised as supervised.

What are some of the best and most effective ways of defending this at panel?
Start with an article six violation for sure. That alone renders EVERYTHING he was fired for as invalid and unjust.

And how do they know he didn't try if he wasn't being supervised? Did they follow him?

Last edited:

badsporh

15 SPOHR lock in, 13 SPOHR average over 12 working days after ride.
Different #'s of stops, NDA's and, areas

30 inch selection area is shelf space directly behind bulk head door that driver is expected to slide all work into

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

30 inch selection area is shelf space directly behind bulk head door that driver is expected to slide all work into
So, why is he being targeted...who did he piss off?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli

I've never even heard of this nonsense.....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

That's all you have to focus on as far the lock in sporh, the fact that he had different areas invalidates the whole thing. The methods violations sound like a joke. Based on the information you're giving us I'm really surprised this is going to panel, it should never have made it past a local level hearing.

badsporh

He was a big "Vote No" advocate and he ran for BA and Principal Officer of the Local last month and barely lost...........so I'd say he pissed both the union and the company off

P

pickup

He was a big "Vote No" advocate and he ran for BA and Principal Officer of the Local last month and barely lost...........so I'd say he pissed both the union and the company off

Yeah, sounds like the union wants to get rid of him before he garners some more support for the next BA election as well as make an example of him for others.

badsporh

If any of you know of a BA or Steward that successfully defended a case similar to this at panel, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could put them in contact with me ASAP, as the BA here is offering as little help as possible

Overpaid Union Thug

SPORH is irrelevant. They cannot "lock" in any production numbers per the contract. Not to mention how its impossible to accurately gauge someone's "performance" without having the exact same day as before and repeatedly. Article 6 should take care of that nonsense. Everyone in that center should vocally back that driver wether they like the driver or not. And the local should be aware that any political nonsense that would allow them to let this guy get fired would set a dangerous precedent for future cases that mirror this one. They would fire people at will for "production".

Last edited:

porkwagon

All of it sounds and smells like a steamy load. Failure to work in the 30 inch selection area? That was a sensible work method before ORION came to town.

porkwagon

Oh, then I'm curious why the driver wouldn't use that method? You can still do it with orion once you have some room to move around and get organized. It takes some constant planning and effort. At least for me anyway.

badsporh

The way the EDD is set up on the route in question he never ran it at anything better than 70% in order. This means that he's frequently delivering out of EDD order with packages on the shelf in front of the sections he was delivering.