Tips at Christmas

helenofcalifornia

What is the best, or worst tip you have gotten at Christmas? And what do you tip your loader if you are a driver? I have tipped a loader $50 in the past, but I have an idea that my present loader will probably get the same but needs tips on reading both labels and PAL stickers.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
What is the best, or worst tip you have gotten at Christmas? And what do you tip your loader if you are a driver? I have tipped a loader $50 in the past, but I have an idea that my present loader will probably get the same but needs tips on reading both labels and PAL stickers.

i bring them some food. very few customers gives me some left over x-mas snacks.:bored:

disneyworld

I had a woman run after the truck waving a card.Only to hand it to me and say "You're not Dave",then took it back.

retired2000

back when big brown was the only game in town i would get gifts of $ which would range from $25-100. also i would beable to stock by bar with all of the wine and booze i would get. but the last few years i was on these gifts just about disapperaed. do not blame the customers what with company's like fedex, dhl post office etc. popping up there just is not enough to go around.

sendagain

I had a longtime customer, who originally started giving me a gift at Christmas by giving me 5 one dollar bills, waving a Christmas card in the air on the last working day before closing, sporting an anxious look and complaining that she wasn't ready. She asked me if she could give it to me later, to which I amiably agreed (last years gift had been $100). She never made any effort to keep her word and I had much less respect for her after that. She drove a nice Jaguar and was close friends with Dudley Moore, the actor from Ten.

breadbooze

Didn't bother tipping the loader, they change every 2 months anyway. None of the "big" accounts gave anything last year, though all the small offices usually gave a money holder card or a bag of nuts. Then there are those who get those christmas gift boxes of fruits/cheese/ham/candy/etc I delivered earlier in the week and tell me to take them home.

Aaron

I'm mostly residential and will get maybe some cookies. Which is fine by me.

I give my loader squat. He can't remember who get's what, and the guys that fill in load better than him. So I like the days when he calls in sick.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I usually give the loader 25$, and the others in the loop did to, but now that we are down to a truck and a half, with a different loader every day, maybe an arch card?

I dont get what I used to with my route aborted, but I always get something that keeps me going.

Im just glad someone appreciates me, a thank you is good enough.

But I like the big tips I used to get.....
100 here 50 there in a gift card. Really nice when peak is over to shop for yourself.

Based on the thread last year, we arent allowed to accept, yeah right.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
Dead-Its-dead-Jim.jpg

MaceFremonti

$1500, then $2500, then $2500...from an investment company. They apologized for the $1500 since they had an off year and that's all they could do. They moved the September before peak #4 to another state. They told me to stop by around the holidays. I did... $3000 for the quality service I provided them for almost four years.

They told me the driver who delivers to them now brings their airs around 11, grounds around 3, and picks up around 6....they gave him $100! LOL

I had all their airs and ground there by 9:30 and would pick them up at 4:00 on the nose everyday. Mailroom guys HATED being picked up at 6.

Treating your customers good has it's perks!

They hooked up my portfolio quite nicely too!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I give the mechanic that does the running repairs on my tractor 50.00. He keeps my tractor from having to spend time in the shop for the little things. Everybody else's tractor has to wait for the regular guy to fix it, which means you have to drive the spare(YUCK)