Tips for all RPCDs and 22.4s

Seymour Packages

Taken from the Local 804 News bulletin spring 2021 magazine:

Teamster Tips

1. Get Your Shop Steward
If management is talking to you and asking questions that could in any way lead to discipline, ask for your Shop Steward and don't continue the conversation until the Shop Steward is there.

2. Do the Job Right
Do the job the right way. Follow the methods. Don't cut corners to make a production number. The only production standard recognized by the contract is a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. Don't sweat the rest.

3. Work at a Sustainable Pace
Working at UPS is a marathon, not a sprint. If you are running like a rabbit, your body will break down. On your last day before you retire, management will want the same numbers you produced today. Follow the methods and work at a sustainable pace.

4. Management Is Not Your Friend
Management is not your friend. They are there for the paycheck. Some managers are bullies; some act nice. None of them care about you. They care about your production. To management, you're a number. You're disposable and replaceable. Never forget it.

5. Don't Share Personal Information With Management
Don't share personal information about your life or family with management that they can use against you. If management knows you have taken on a mortgage or car loan, they can threaten to cut your overtime. If management knows about a personal problem, they can work you longer hours to mess with your home life. Don't give management leverage to use against you.

35years

Gravy route
Example of management using personal info (Real):
-Worker needs shoulder surgery; doctor says it is from wear and tear from years of lifting pkgs... so worker's comp
-Manager knows employee has horses at home and claims injury must be from that. No to worker's comp.
-Worker fights but it takes 2 years for surgery to be approved and covered. Worker misses a great deal more work and suffers a great deal more pain than was nessesary.

Don't small talk with management. This is only 1 example.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
1621624465864.png

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Someone in a thread literally just said...

Not all management are soulless and they really love and care about us...

Are you saying I shouldn't text smiley heart kissy faces to my supe?

Sheeeesh

Over70irregs

22.4 Driver says to me this Friday morning “they are on me for production in a rental “. I say to him they gave up on me years ago, they rarely talk to me.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Taken from the Local 804 News bulletin spring 2021 magazine:

Teamster Tips

1. Get Your Shop Steward
If management is talking to you and asking questions that could in any way lead to discipline, ask for your Shop Steward and don't continue the conversation until the Shop Steward is there.

2. Do the Job Right
Do the job the right way. Follow the methods. Don't cut corners to make a production number. The only production standard recognized by the contract is a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. Don't sweat the rest.

3. Work at a Sustainable Pace
Working at UPS is a marathon, not a sprint. If you are running like a rabbit, your body will break down. On your last day before you retire, management will want the same numbers you produced today. Follow the methods and work at a sustainable pace.

4. Management Is Not Your Friend
Management is not your friend. They are there for the paycheck. Some managers are bullies; some act nice. None of them care about you. They care about your production. To management, you're a number. You're disposable and replaceable. Never forget it.

5. Don't Share Personal Information With Management
Don't share personal information about your life or family with management that they can use against you. If management knows you have taken on a mortgage or car loan, they can threaten to cut your overtime. If management knows about a personal problem, they can work you longer hours to mess with your home life. Don't give management leverage to use against you.
Preach!