Tips for feeder driving in the snow...

MaceFremonti

Sadly there are a few guys that really don't pretrip in feeders either. When I was on the Q I red tagged at least one tractor a week for things that should have been easily caught in a proper pretrip....mechanics knew my name real quick

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sadly there are a few guys that really don't pretrip in feeders either. When I was on the Q I red tagged at least one tractor a week for things that should have been easily caught in a proper pretrip....mechanics knew my name real quick

Sent using BrownCafe App

1 a week? Why are you slacking?

It's not hard to go one a day here.

A

anonymous6

most drivers don't do a pretrip when its snowing because they are worried about being late. this is insanity! this is especially the time when you should be doing a thorough pre=trip. I expect to find something wrong and usually do. and I am usually late but they don't say anything anymore because they know me.

the fact that there are not more accidents in bad weather due to the equipment is a credit to our mechanics who do excellent PMI inspections.

pretender

most drivers don't do a pretrip when its snowing because they are worried about being late. this is insanity! this is especially the time when you should be doing a thorough pre=trip. I expect to find something wrong and usually do. and I am usually late but they don't say anything anymore because they know me.

the fact that there are not more accidents in bad weather due to the equipment is a credit to our mechanics who do excellent PMI inspections.

I love the irony!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Mechanics are like the rest of us, there are some good ones, and plenty of crappy ones. Some of our mechanics get pissed off when we bring equipment back for them to fix.

That's still no excuse for lazy feeder drivers. In a hurry? So what? What these kind of drivers forget is that the pre-trip inspection is a DOT requirement, not a UPS one. Sooner or later, these drivers will roll snake eyes.

MaceFremonti

When I started this thread last week I was sliding around in the snow in the mountains.... today its 65 and sunny 2900 feet above sea level!

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
supposed to get about 8 inches of snow tomorrow with snow falling at a rate of an inch per hour. By tomorrow night maybe a foot accumulation. Fun Friday :chaseups:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I only speak from my experience, but ice is the worst. I pull over and wait for salt trucks when I lose traction on roads absent of snow. Having said that, I went through two white knuckle nights this week driving in heavy, heavy fog. I've driven down the same roads for two years now, and that was about my only saving grace. Going 40MPH on the interstate, I could only see two or three digits on the road ahead of me. Give me the snow any day. Unless it's a night time blizzard, you can at least see the road in snow.

I only speak from my experience, but ice is the worst. I pull over and wait for salt trucks when I lose traction on roads absent of snow. Having said that, I went through two white knuckle nights this week driving in heavy, heavy fog. I've driven down the same roads for two years now, and that was about my only saving grace. Going 40MPH on the interstate, I could only see two or three digits on the road ahead of me. Give me the snow any day. Unless it's a night time blizzard, you can at least see the road in snow.

If you have to, go 30.