Tips for New FT Dispatch supervisors

YourBoss

Hardest job in the company.

I'll start it off with a couple:

1. Contractually you can change a bid routes typical area by 30% a day. Use this to get back at drivers by giving them slower stops in areas they don't like. Blame it on "something hitting wrong in the system".

2. Learn which drivers take their lunch at their house. Move that territory off their route, but just barely over a mile. When they break trace over a mile to take their lunch, have your BM fire them for doing so.

3. Keep 9.5 drivers under on Mon, Tues, Thurs. Hammer them weds and Friday give them the absolute shaft.

Anyone else want to contribute?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

1. Contractually you can change a bid routes typical area by 30% a day. Use this to get back at drivers by giving them slower stops in areas they don't like. Blame it on "something hitting wrong in the system".

2. Learn which drivers take their lunch at their house. Move that territory off their route, but just barely over a mile. When they break trace over a mile to take their lunch, have your BM fire them for doing so.

3. Keep 9.5 drivers under on Mon, Tues, Thurs. Hammer them weds and Friday give them the absolute shaft.

Lol.
I'm so glad trolls are stupid.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
a new Dispatch supe will need to learn such phrases as
I had to put it SOMEWHERE

Gotta raise SPC, this is coming from the top

If it weren't for the company not firing such slow lazy drivers in your loop I wouldnt have to load you down

Both of your loop partners have 8 hour requests,sorry

Yeah it's 300 stops but it's TIGHT

YourBoss

Blame it all on stops per car. Always know which drivers are going through some stuff. Just bought a new house? Starve them. Wife pregnant? 12 hour days for you.

As a new Dispatch Supervisor the first thing you must realize is that you control these people's lives. Up to 60 hours of their lives a week you are in control of. You can choose to hurt them financially or hurt them with their family lives. The ones you don't like you can 100% determine their fate, and there is nothing contractually that holds water that can stop you from doing so.

Est.1998

Don't forget to change the shelf location of neighborhoods everyday and pal 100 boxes to the 4000 shelf (dock stop) so my preloader can mindlessly blow out the 4000 shelf, FDL and stack the excess right at the bulkhead door, all while placing my handtruck in the cab.
Also, drivers love it when you add/cut all but one address from a neighboring route so we can say hi to each other later that day when I'm delivering 30 stops in the same neighborhood he's delivering one.​

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Blame it all on stops per car. Always know which drivers are going through some stuff. Just bought a new house? Starve them. Wife pregnant? 12 hour days for you.

As a new Dispatch Supervisor the first thing you must realize is that you control these people's lives. Up to 60 hours of their lives a week you are in control of. You can choose to hurt them financially or hurt them with their family lives. The ones you don't like you can 100% determine their fate, and there is nothing contractually that holds water that can stop you from doing so.
Looks like you are trying to compensate for either being 4'8" or some other shortages.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Please tell me you are not a PDS...if you are, you are part of the problem.

Let the beat down begin....
C'mon dragon. Stop trying to be so sacrosanct. Any driver that's been here long enough to make top pay has seen everything that's been listed above and worse.

Just the way you trained him.

You are the reason people ask for 8 hour days and get on the 9.5. list.
Congratulations

Dragon

Package Center Manager
C'mon dragon. Stop trying to be so sacrosanct. Any driver that's been here long enough to make top pay has seen everything that's been listed above and worse.

Just the way you trained him.
Had to take a moment to look up the "big boy word" you used...

Nope I don't train them like that but it doesn't take long for them to learn how to get even with a driver...

I could go on how all the above happens but I will let you guys keep believing what you want to believe.

Had to take a moment to look up the "big boy word" you used...

Nope I don't train them like that but it doesn't take long for them to learn how to get even with a driver...

I could go on how all the above happens but I will let you guys keep believing what you want to believe.
And doesn't take long how to get even with a supervisor. Respect given respect earned
Enough of this management by fear
I'll give you a news flash these new kids are not going to put up with the buddy** you gave the rest of us because they are not making the money like the rest of us

Seymour Packages

I love when the dispatcher overloads my route. This usually happens after my vacation, optional days, etc. I will safely deliver, following the methods for about 13.5 hours, then drive back to the building with the excess work and punch out. If enough worked is sheeted as missed or delivered by other drivers at time and a half day after day, the management team will get the message and fall in line.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

one more word outta you young man and we will follow orion 100% , hows that sound?
✊🧔

Dragon

Package Center Manager
And doesn't take long how to get even with a supervisor. Respect given respect earned
Enough of this management by fear
I'll give you a news flash these new kids are not going to put up with the buddy** you gave the rest of us because they are not making the money like the rest of us
Settle down, its not management by fear, its due to the lack of respect on both sides.

Most of those "kids" you talk about are already in their late 20 and early 30's...they have seen the games played on both sides.

We are having no problem filling driver jobs in my area...so that tells me they know what they are getting into amongst other things...

Its Sunday, get off the internet and enjoy the outdoors with your family.

Settle down, its not management by fear, its due to the lack of respect on both sides.

Most of those "kids" you talk about are already in their late 20 and early 30's...they have seen the games played on both sides.

We are having no problem filling driver jobs in my area...so that tells me they know what they are getting into amongst other things...

Its Sunday, get off the internet and enjoy the outdoors with your family.
No you aren't getting it at all. Number one happy Sunday to you and your family enjoy today cuz I'm sure tomorrow will be a crap show.
We have too many young 20 some supervisors that never did anything more than 30 days to qualify. Then they're going to beat the crap out of people for not making numbers when they do not understand the job and are too lazy to come out and see what's going on and try to find a solution to fix it.