Tips for trailer loader

CallitKarma

i just started at UPS three days ago. First day they put me on unloading (trailers and trucks) but since then they’ve put me on loading trailers.

My “training” consisted of someone in the trailer with me either scanning and handing off packages to me, or the other way around. So, my question is do you guys have any tips for building sturdy walls quickly? I got overwhelmed a bit yesterday as I got a lot of big, heavy packages at one time but I hadn’t built my wall up high enough to start a new shelf so I got backed up a bit. Any tips for when that happens?

Thanks

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
i just started at UPS three days ago. First day they put me on unloading (trailers and trucks) but since then they’ve put me on loading trailers.

My “training” consisted of someone in the trailer with me either scanning and handing off packages to me, or the other way around. So, my question is do you guys have any tips for building sturdy walls quickly? I got overwhelmed a bit yesterday as I got a lot of big, heavy packages at one time but I hadn’t built my wall up high enough to start a new shelf so I got backed up a bit. Any tips for when that happens?

Thanks
Don’t focus on how quick you’re going. Work at a safe consistent pace and don’t let the sups get in ur head.

CallitKarma

Don’t focus on how quick you’re going. Work at a safe consistent pace and don’t let the sups get in ur head.
thank you for the advice. i just kept telling myself to try my best and if that wasn't good enough at least I tried. A supervisor came and helped some when I got backed up although I think i eventually would've gotten it sorted out. I'll get a lot of packages really quickly but then it dies off and i'll only get a few here and there.

MDX91

Just make sure you get a sturdy base to build on. if the boxes are sturdy enough and the unfinished wall isn't sturdy enough to take the weight, just start building the base for the next wall while using the less sturdy boxes to finish the wall you were working on. And if you are getting sore, have a chocolate milk within a half hour of finishing work. Works wonders.

Heavy Package

have a chocolate milk within a half hour of finishing work. Works wonders.

Even better- Have some pudding pops with Bill Cosby

jello-pudding-pops-bill-cosby.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Loading is alright. balances the madness of preload with the backbreaking mindlessness of unload.

I am not a regular loader and this is your probationary period,
hqdefault.jpg

load fast

Also be able to spew your 5s and 8s and yard control.

Fine I will try to help you a bit more:
They may have said something about your power zone. Your base should be big, sturdy boxes, up to the middle anything heavy, once you are about head height stop loading anything heavy.
If all else fails build a false wall and act like there is not any empty space back there lol.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Doing the job is the only way to figure it out. Don't be afraid to leave packages on the side of the trailer, that either don't fit or are very light/flimsy. You don't have to load everything, so be selective, unless of course you only have a certain size and weight zone of boxes coming down.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
For the love of god, look at the label to make sure it belongs in the trailer. Tired of having management asking me to go to amazon to pick up SKIDS of misloads

Ripp

Honestly. Just show up, on time and have a good attitude. After first 2 weeks your body will adapt and once you figure out how to move rollers if you are in an old hub like me unfortunatly you'll be fine.
> I always left about 5 feet from my rollers and the wall. If you have an extendo you are set.
> Get the rollers out as soon as possible. They suck and barely work so it's easier and cleaner to get rid of them if you don't need them.
> Get irregs in when you aren't busy. Floor sweeps and anyone with any seniority isn't going to help anyways, so it's better to do in when the volume is light that way you aren't doing it when beat down.
> Put odd long packages on the right, cornerstone on the left. Leave about a foot space to throw small packages behind your wall. Don't just use the length of a package. Always leave space to put flat stuff, etc behind your shelf.
> Burned on average 4500 to 6000 calories a night. Eat right, and you will become a monster.
> Good luck. You'll find that on Fridays 70% of the people won't show up, so Friday into Saturday always suck so you'll get OT then. Just prepare accordingly. If you are actually a hard worker it will be stripped of you in a few months. *Drivers are separated from this statement.

john chesney

Thanks
Just throw the :censored2: in there like everyone else