tired of feeder !!!!

over9five

Staff member
If your classified Feeder Driver, you should have won a bid run, and your old pkg route should have went up for bid. Has this happened ?

Or are you considered a Qualified Extra and your old route never went up for bid?

Do you pick your vacations with the Feeder Drivers or the Pkg Center ?

I ask these questions to determine if what you say is true, then you do have a kick ass local/regional representation...

We have biennial bid here. Everyone bids. We can go wherever our seniority takes us. At bid time, I could bump back to my old Package route (or any route/position I have the seniority to acquire).
Thank God. I would hate to be trapped for the rest of my career!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have biennial bid here. Everyone bids. We can go wherever our seniority takes us. At bid time, I could bump back to my old Package route (or any route/position I have the seniority to acquire).

Our feeder and package runs are bid at the same time but on 2 separate lists. Both are eligible to bid on either list, provided they are feeder qualified (must wear shorts all year long and know where all of the Dunkin Donuts are.:happy2:) We do get a feeder driver every now and then who bids back to pkg but it is rare. We do have this one 22.3 who says that he is going to bid a package run every time the sheet goes up but never follows through on it.

tarbar66

In West Pa. Joint Council 40 the only way a feeder driver can go back to package is if there is a new route bid or if there was a permanent layoff in Feeders (runs cut).

Maybe it has changed in the past couple of years but that is what I knew for over 30 years.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Down here, all you have to do is write a letter, and boom you are out for 2 years. You end up at the bottom of Package senority, until the 1st package car bid, then you can go where ever your full time senority takes you.